cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jooster
Level: Powered On

DetailScreen not updating selected Item (Again)

I posted the same issue before, thought I had a solution, but that didn't work out in the end.

My DetailScreen keeps on showing the Item that was selected in the BrowseScreen the first time that I run the App. Strangely enough when I navigate from the DetailScreen to the EditScreen, the right newly selected Item is shown again. Both the Detail and Edit Form have the BrowseGallery.Selected value as Item.

The issue is not there when I run the App in the editor.
I experimented with passing a DisplayItem variable in navigation and using this a an Item value for the DetailForm, but still the same issue.

Using: LookUp(Overzicht, ID = BrowseGallery1.Selected.ID ) for Item value works for a while, allthough very slow, but after navigating back and forth between the screens the Item Selection gets messed up.

Somehow I need the DetailForm to forget the last Item and really use the Selected one form the BrowseScreen!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jooster

Re: DetailScreen not updating selected Item (Again)

Thank you so much for reacting.

I find the solution:

The Form is revceiving the right Item, but the datacard values ( fields inside the card ! ) are referring to the wrong information.

Should refer to ThisItem.YourColumn, or ThisItem.YourColumn.Value

Possibly this value can also be Parent.Default but then the parent, the Card, should refer to ThisItem.YourColumn, or ThisItem.YourColumn.Value

Frustrating that I created the App automatically from a SP list and somehow the Editscreen was wrongly constructed.

I didn't look for the solution in that directing, assuming that that should be all right

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Jooster,

Could you please share a bit more about your issue?

Do you mean that the Edit form could not display the latest selected item within your Gallery?

I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned.

Please take a try to add a Label control within your Edit screen, set the Text property to following:

BrowseGallery1.Selected.ID

check if the Label displays the correct ID value.

In addition, as an alternative solution, you could consider take a try to save the latest selected item in your Gallery into a global variable, then within your Edit form, reference the global variable value within the Item property.

I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:

Set the OnSelect property of the Gallery control or OnSelect property of the "Navigate" button in your Gallery to following formula:

Set(CurrentSelectedItem, ThisItem)

Within the Edit form in your Edit screen, set the Item property to following:

CurrentSelectedItem

Or

LookUp('YourSPList', ID = CurrentSelectedItem.ID)

please take a try with above solution I provided, check if the issue is solved.

If the issue still exists, please consider take a try to re-create a new app based on your SP list, and then turn off/disable the "Improved app rendering (final validation)" option within Advanced settings of App settings of your app, publish your app, check if the issue still exists.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Jooster

Thank you so much for reacting.

I find the solution:

The Form is revceiving the right Item, but the datacard values ( fields inside the card ! ) are referring to the wrong information.

Should refer to ThisItem.YourColumn, or ThisItem.YourColumn.Value

Possibly this value can also be Parent.Default but then the parent, the Card, should refer to ThisItem.YourColumn, or ThisItem.YourColumn.Value

Frustrating that I created the App automatically from a SP list and somehow the Editscreen was wrongly constructed.

I didn't look for the solution in that directing, assuming that that should be all right

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 99 members 5,448 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: