cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ehg
Level: Powered On

Re: Detect web browser users

Hi guys, here is my solution...

In my case, I just needed my app to know which device it was running on between browser and mobile app, and then display a popup if it is running on mobile. So what I did was this: 

OnVisible (screen):  // triger //

ClearCollect(collName, true);    // here I created a collection with a single value: true //
SaveData(collName, "fileName");   // try to save that collection wich doesn't work on a browser, just mobile app //
Clear(collName);        // delete the value I collected previously //
LoadData(collName, "fileName",true);   // try to load the data to an emptied collection, if it doesn't load it is because we aren't on mobile //
If( !IsEmpty(collName),  "do what i want")      // finally, check if the data was loaded corectly and only do the action that i want if so //

This is just a simple idea that worked for me, hopefully, it can be of help to you guys. 

Highlighted
SimeonWilliams
Level: Powered On

Re: Detect web browser users

Use this bit of code, the easiest way to check if the device is mobile or not...

Set(vrblMobileDevice, If(Location.Altitude > 0 Or Acceleration.X > 0, true, false));

Make sure you run this on the 1st screen in OnVisible ... DON'T run it on AppStart ... it's hit and miss in that section. Trust me, I've wasted over an hour on this so you don't have to.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 486 members 6,516 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: