Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
hnguy71
Level 8

Determine if a user matches an entry in SharePoint

Hi All.

I have a collection called UserList which is pretty much an entire SharePoint list. In this collection I want to see if the current logged in user matches a person field called Approver_Level1. The idea is if the user is an approver then when the app is loaded the user automatically gets directed to a particular screen.

I have a text input field with this current code and it's not giving me any errors but the results are not correct:

If(IsBlank(LookUp(UserList, Approver_Level1A.Email = User().Email).Name), "No", "Yes")

To test, I have placed my name inside as an Approver yet it's telling me that I'm not found. Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Re: Determine if a user matches an entry in SharePoint

@hnguy71 

I understand what you are trying to do, but I'm not sure where you are doing this.  You mentioned a text input field...are you stating that you have a TextInput control?  What property are you putting this formula in?

As a quick test, I would do three things:

1) Refresh your datasources.  You mentioned you added or changed to put your email in the list...did you do a refresh of that datasource in your app?

2) Put a Label control on the screen and set the Text property to the following formula:

If(
IsBlank(
LookUp(UserList, Lower(Approver_Level1A.Email) = Lower(User().Email)).Name),
"No",
"Yes"
)

3) Notice above that I added the Lower function to the two emails...probably not an issue, but it's always worth comparing apples to apples.

The above label should show "Yes" if you have yourself as an Approver_Level1A (please also note that you mentioned Approver_Level1 in your text, but your formula shows Approver_Level1A - I used the one from the formula) and you have refreshed the datasource.

I hope that leads to some success for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
hnguy71
Level 8

Hi @RandyHayes 

Thanks as always for the replies. To debug I am using a TextInput field and placing my formula in the Default property.

1. I did do a refresh after I added my name. I've tested with a few peers around me and none of them can see their names either.

2.  I've created a label control and inside the text property it returns me a "No"

On a side note, my gallery to filter for items an approver can see is also blank:

Filter(MergedHighLevel, User().Email = UserRecord.Approver_Level1A.Email)

This should return all records in my collection but I don't see anything.... =(

Super User
Super User

@hnguy71 

Something seems unusual.

Let's take a direct troubleshooting step:

Change the Tesxt property formula in your test label to this:

LookUp(UserList, ID=<someIDyouKnowHasAValue>).Approver_Level1A.Email

Find an ID in your list that has a valid Approver_Level1A column you are testing with and substitute that in the blue above.

See if that returns anything you might expect or if it is blank.  If is is blank, then we're going to need to go back a step and see what is going on in your Collection.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,249)