cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
samuelJ
Level 8

Did something change with holding down ALT to navigate the app?

Hi,

Over the past week or so, I have noticed that clicking on contorls on an app screen while in edit mode is acting as if I performed the OnSelect() of that control.  In the past, this would only happen if I was holding down ALT (or CTRL, I can't remember) key.  This is frustrating, as now I can't select an item just with a mouse click.  I've looked and can't find a setting I might have changed.  

Appreciate any insight.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
davidstone
Level 8

Re: Did something change with holding down ALT to navigate the app?

Where are the controls? If the controls are in a gallery, clicking the control in any but the first row will cause the onselect rule to execute - even in classic rendering.

Otherwise, any other button should be just selected on first click, and if your second click is away the text (in the case of a button) then it will execute the onselect.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
davidstone
Level 8

Where are the controls? If the controls are in a gallery, clicking the control in any but the first row will cause the onselect rule to execute - even in classic rendering.

Otherwise, any other button should be just selected on first click, and if your second click is away the text (in the case of a button) then it will execute the onselect.

View solution in original post

samuelJ
Level 8

@davidstone,

I never realized galleries behaved like this.  You are correct, the controls I was selecting were in a gallery. 

Do you happen to know if there is anyway to turn that functionality off?  So if I am not "Previewing the app" and not holding down ALT the OnSelect() will never trigger?

davidstone
Level 8

Not really, but you shouldn't need it if you just edit the items in the first row.

Alternatively you can select them from the treeview.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,947)