cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SaWu
Level 8

Difference between Preview from Studio and Webplayer/Android App

Please be so kind as to read my whole question before responding.
My actual questions are after the problem description.
Thank you for your consideration.

I have a pretty complicated PowerApp for Dynamics 365 with CDS that seems to work without any errors at all, when loaded into the PowerApps Studio (Edit) and using Preview/Play/F5.
Here's an example what the gallery on the first screen looks like in the studio:
image.png
Regarding "Errors", PowerApps Studio only tells me that some TabIndex are still -1 and that some AccessibleLabel are missing.
image.pngimage.png

However, when starting the same PowerApp directly without the Studio, i.e. Play, Android App, or PowerApps for Windows, I get errors that tell me nothing:

image.png
kk_messeapp_lead is a custom entity, and kk_multiselect_aj a MultiSelect Option Set field, which CDS apparently changes into kk_multiselect_aj (for the numerical Value) and _kk_multiselect_aj_label (for the labels associated with Value).
Thus, if the type Microsoft.Dynamics.CRM.kk_messeapp_lead is the same as the custom entity as seen from the PowerApp via CDS, this error message is simply wrong, at least as far as I understand.

Deleting everything from the PowerApp that references these fields, which should be there, I still end up with this:
image.png
Also the gallery in the first screen stays empty as a result of whatever errors occured.
image.png

My questions

1. Is there a difference how the Studio and the Webplayer handle Entities/Fields?
    (i.e. what is happening here? Why do I see these errors?)
  2. Is there some way to get more debugging info as to where the errors come from?
  3. How do I fix this such the the Webplayer can handle this PowerApp which seems to work flawlessly with Preview from within the Studio?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SaWu
Level 8

Re: Difference between Preview from Studio and Webplayer/Android App

I submitted a support ticket an got the following suggestion from Prakruti Tantuway (Thank you!)

Go to the advanced settings -> Turn off the explicit columns.

Please publish again and check if the issue is resolved.

I did this (File -> App Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Explicit Column Selection (off)) and it seems to have resolved my issue.
I still don't know though, why my PowerApp broke Explicit Column Selection in the first place.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @SaWu,

The problem might not be related to the way of how the Studio and the Webplayer handle Entities/Fields, but the setting of your web browser. Have you tried with other web browsers to have a test? You could also test with another desktop.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
SaWu
Level 8

I submitted a support ticket an got the following suggestion from Prakruti Tantuway (Thank you!)

Go to the advanced settings -> Turn off the explicit columns.

Please publish again and check if the issue is resolved.

I did this (File -> App Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Explicit Column Selection (off)) and it seems to have resolved my issue.
I still don't know though, why my PowerApp broke Explicit Column Selection in the first place.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,910)