cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hamil2k
Level: Power Up

Digital Asset manager

Hello,

I am looking to develop an app that will essentially function as an asset digitizer for my company. We want to ensure that 1)transactions being carried out are validated against the work order and that  2) information about the transaction can be exported to a database. The flow I want to achieve is :

The app receives an inbound work order > employee verifies he/she is receiving what's on the work order by submitting a form > data is sent to database.

My only immediate question is is it possible to import & export data in such a manner with powerapps, and if so what are some common ways of going about it? Sharepoint Lists, Excel sheets, etc..

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Digital Asset manager

Hey @hamil2k 

Can you also share how many fields do you have in this form? I am asking because, if there are a few fields 4-5 then we can send them on the flow and then to the external wherever you want (provided that connector is available in flow). If there are more fields, then the ideal way to do this would be using sharepoint. create a sharepoint list and create the columns in the sharepoint list and now create a canvas app with the data source as that sharepoint list and customise the app to show the relevant fields. Now create a flow with the trigger "When an item is created in sharepoint" and then you can get the details here and use it for the external data that you want to send this to. Use the trigger "When an item is created/ modified" in case you want to track the modfication of the filed input tot the form for a particular response. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

HI @hamil2k 

So where is the form that the employee will submit? Are you sending an MS Form via email once the flow is triggered? And if so, you can run a flow to get the response details and send those to powerapps. 

If you could share these deatils we might be able to assist you better. 

hamil2k
Level: Power Up

Hey @yashag2255 

The form will be provided internally in the Powerapps Application. It won't be a complex form, simply a couple of text fields and maybe a radio button option. I would like that information to be captured into an external database. 

I'd like for the start of the flow to be the receiving/import of inbound data. Is this possible?

Thank you @yashag2255 

Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @hamil2k 

Can you also share how many fields do you have in this form? I am asking because, if there are a few fields 4-5 then we can send them on the flow and then to the external wherever you want (provided that connector is available in flow). If there are more fields, then the ideal way to do this would be using sharepoint. create a sharepoint list and create the columns in the sharepoint list and now create a canvas app with the data source as that sharepoint list and customise the app to show the relevant fields. Now create a flow with the trigger "When an item is created in sharepoint" and then you can get the details here and use it for the external data that you want to send this to. Use the trigger "When an item is created/ modified" in case you want to track the modfication of the filed input tot the form for a particular response. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,981)