Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
TCH
Level: Powered On

Disable based on time

Hi there, 

I have a question for you, 

I have a button that patches information to a SP list, i would like for this button to be disabled based on time and maybe date 🙂 

I have tried to wickle my way around this, and have come up with this function/statement: If(Now()>Time(14;30;00);Disabled;Edit) the idea being that if the time has passed half 2 the button would be disabled, now PA doesn't complain about this statement but it also doesn't actually follow it, it just shows the button in edit mode no matter the timestamp? 

Has anyone got an idea of how to work around this issue, or maybe a completely different solution. 

Thanks in advance 
Best Wishes
Tobi 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Disable based on time

Hey @TCH 

Can you try to update your expression as:

If(TimeValue(Text(Now())) > Time(14,30,00),Disabled,Edit)

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

The problem is that you are expecting it to dynamically re-evaluate Now() in real time.  It won't do that.  It will evaluate your formula when the screen loads or at some other time depending on where you put it.  To get the kind of real time support you want I would suggest changing the formula to save a value in a variable.  Then use that formula in a Timer that runs on a cycle.  The variable value would be set on the completion of each cycle. Then enable or disable the button based on the value in the variable.

The problem with that design is that if you make the timer cycle too short it could really drain performance.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
TCH

@Pstork1 

Would you happen to have any suggestions on how to achieve this, I have tried to do the best i can, but it does not seem to be working? 🙂 

- Tobi 

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @TCH 

Can you try to update your expression as:

If(TimeValue(Text(Now())) > Time(14,30,00),Disabled,Edit)

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

TCH

Yes of course! I feel like an idiot i have litteraly used this but because most forums and sites are from the US the syntax(seperators) are different, and it only occured to me now that that was the issue 🙂 

Thanks

TCH

@yashag2255  

Hi again, 

DisplayMode: If(TimeValue(Text(Now())) > Time(14,30,00),Disabled,Edit) definately works when it comes to the time a day, however, i am now looking to expand on this, i essentilly want the displaymode to be disabled if the time is within 14,30,00 on a specific day, 

I have checkboxes Monday through Friday, Monday should close of af 1430 on mondays, however Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday should still be available to check off?? 

I thought you might have some input on how this might be achieved? 🙂 

- Tobias

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 266 members 5,392 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: