cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Bri
Level: Powered On

Disable the red error message

I have an app that grabs employee photos, and if the employee does not have a photo the app returns that red error message at the top, a 404 error has occured. Can i disable this error message? I can handle the error fine in the app with the IsBlank funtion, but the message still shows for my end users... How can i disable the message?!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
roamer7485

Re: Disable the red error message

Hi!

You may have found already a solution to this but I want to share my solution. I also bumped into this issue that was kinda frustrating. Yet after 3 cups of mdium-roast colombia, I found a solution. First, enabled the formula-level error management from the App Setting/Advanced Settings, see attached screen shot. Second, in my image control's Image code, I used the IfError() function like IfError(Office365Users.UserPhoto(ThisItem.Actionee.Email),"").  See another screenshot. The "Actionee" was my custom field name, ignore it. It can be user() or whatever in your case. The empty place-holder "" is the one that suppresses the error display.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi Bri,

I assume that you are using the connector Office 366 users. If yes, I would say that it is a limitation for this connection.

When there is no return result for the corresponding User ID, a “404 not found” error message will be thrown.

We are not possible to disable the error message when using this connection.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
dennismalone
Level: Power Up

Did you every find a workaround to this issue? I am also experiencing this.

zrichardson

I believe you should be able to use the following formula that checks to see if that user has a photo, and if they don't, it uses the sampleimage. 

If(Office365Users.UserPhotoMetadata(UserPrincipalName).HasPhoto,Office365Users.UserPhoto(UserPrincipalName),SampleImage)

My problem is, it throws an Error saying that UserPhoto UserID is not acceptable, but loads perfectly fine. 

Bri

No, that does not work. I am reffering to use powerapps in the web as well. But yeah i thought of trying that.

timoth

Worked for me !! Thanks

mbeitel

I am getting the same style of error when using Azure Blob Storage.

ex. AzureBlobStorage.GetFileContent(CompanyLogo.Id) 

errror: AzureBlobStorage.GetFileContent the method 'GetFileContent' has an invalid value for parameter "id"

But it load the image perfectly after a few seconds. Has any one found a way to handle this or suppress these error? 

sreilly

I'm having a very similar issue to mbeitel. I'm working with a custom flow that utilizes the SharePoint REST API, I have a user getting the Red Banner, but the information still updates and the flow appears to be running successfully.

I would love to disable this type of banner.

roamer7485

Hi!

You may have found already a solution to this but I want to share my solution. I also bumped into this issue that was kinda frustrating. Yet after 3 cups of mdium-roast colombia, I found a solution. First, enabled the formula-level error management from the App Setting/Advanced Settings, see attached screen shot. Second, in my image control's Image code, I used the IfError() function like IfError(Office365Users.UserPhoto(ThisItem.Actionee.Email),"").  See another screenshot. The "Actionee" was my custom field name, ignore it. It can be user() or whatever in your case. The empty place-holder "" is the one that suppresses the error display.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

MaheshKuni

Hello all,

I see these red Xs, for all the data cards in powerapps form. On mouse over of each datacard, I see message "Form screen has too many controls". Please post resolution.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 85 members 5,006 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: