cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bri
Level 8

Disable the red error message

I have an app that grabs employee photos, and if the employee does not have a photo the app returns that red error message at the top, a 404 error has occured. Can i disable this error message? I can handle the error fine in the app with the IsBlank funtion, but the message still shows for my end users... How can i disable the message?!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
roamer7485
Level: Powered On

Re: Disable the red error message

Hi!

You may have found already a solution to this but I want to share my solution. I also bumped into this issue that was kinda frustrating. Yet after 3 cups of mdium-roast colombia, I found a solution. First, enabled the formula-level error management from the App Setting/Advanced Settings, see attached screen shot. Second, in my image control's Image code, I used the IfError() function like IfError(Office365Users.UserPhoto(ThisItem.Actionee.Email),"").  See another screenshot. The "Actionee" was my custom field name, ignore it. It can be user() or whatever in your case. The empty place-holder "" is the one that suppresses the error display.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi Bri,

I assume that you are using the connector Office 366 users. If yes, I would say that it is a limitation for this connection.

When there is no return result for the corresponding User ID, a “404 not found” error message will be thrown.

We are not possible to disable the error message when using this connection.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you every find a workaround to this issue? I am also experiencing this.

zrichardson

I believe you should be able to use the following formula that checks to see if that user has a photo, and if they don't, it uses the sampleimage. 

If(Office365Users.UserPhotoMetadata(UserPrincipalName).HasPhoto,Office365Users.UserPhoto(UserPrincipalName),SampleImage)

My problem is, it throws an Error saying that UserPhoto UserID is not acceptable, but loads perfectly fine. 

Highlighted
Bri
Level 8

No, that does not work. I am reffering to use powerapps in the web as well. But yeah i thought of trying that.

timoth

Worked for me !! Thanks

mbeitel
Level: Power Up

I am getting the same style of error when using Azure Blob Storage.

ex. AzureBlobStorage.GetFileContent(CompanyLogo.Id) 

errror: AzureBlobStorage.GetFileContent the method 'GetFileContent' has an invalid value for parameter "id"

But it load the image perfectly after a few seconds. Has any one found a way to handle this or suppress these error? 

sreilly

I'm having a very similar issue to mbeitel. I'm working with a custom flow that utilizes the SharePoint REST API, I have a user getting the Red Banner, but the information still updates and the flow appears to be running successfully.

I would love to disable this type of banner.

roamer7485

Hi!

You may have found already a solution to this but I want to share my solution. I also bumped into this issue that was kinda frustrating. Yet after 3 cups of mdium-roast colombia, I found a solution. First, enabled the formula-level error management from the App Setting/Advanced Settings, see attached screen shot. Second, in my image control's Image code, I used the IfError() function like IfError(Office365Users.UserPhoto(ThisItem.Actionee.Email),"").  See another screenshot. The "Actionee" was my custom field name, ignore it. It can be user() or whatever in your case. The empty place-holder "" is the one that suppresses the error display.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

MaheshKuni
Level: Power Up

Hello all,

I see these red Xs, for all the data cards in powerapps form. On mouse over of each datacard, I see message "Form screen has too many controls". Please post resolution.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,803)