cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
JR-BejeweledOne
Level: Powered On

Display SharePoint peeople-picker values

I have a PowerApp that is being used to display information.   A location will be selected from a dropdown and the requested information will then be displayed. 

I need to display the contents of a People-Picker column from the SharePoint source list.   This column may contain multiple people.  Once I changed the column to allow multiple selections, it broke the display.   

How can I display the contents of this People-Picker column when there are multiple values?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Display SharePoint peeople-picker values

Hi @JR-BejeweledOne 

To display email address separated by a comma, you can use:

Concat(ThisItem.'Contact Name',Email,",")

This returns a text value.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @JR-BejeweledOne 

Can you share more details about the control that you are referring to? Also, are you getting any error message? If, so please share the error message. Also, please make sure in case of multiple selection, the default is set using the "DefaultSelectedItems" of the combobox control.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!
JR-BejeweledOne

This PowerApp is displaying information contained in a SharePoint list.   It is not going to be submitted or updated by the end user.  It is for display purposes only.  The only interaction with the end user is for them to select a value from the dropdown.  When they select that, it will display the information for that item.

What I am trying to do is to display the information contained in a SharePoint People Picker column that has multiple values in it.  I am getting an error in the 'Items' formula.

Peoplepicker3.png

peoplepicker1.png

peoplepicker2.png

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @JR-BejeweledOne 

To display email address separated by a comma, you can use:

Concat(ThisItem.'Contact Name',Email,",")

This returns a text value.

Hope this Helps!

View solution in original post

JR-BejeweledOne

That solved part of it.   It now gives me the email addresses but it looks like this: 
Any idea how to get rid of the quotation mark and the extra space top and bottom?

peoplepicker4.png

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @JR-BejeweledOne 

Is this an person type field? I don't understand why you are getting the " and extra spaces if this is a person field. To remove the extra spaces and quotations, you can use the expression:

Substitute(Substitute(Concat(ThisItem.'Contact Name',Email,","),Char(34),"")," ","")

Hope this Helps!

JR-BejeweledOne

I edited my original response and it apparently didn't go through.  My apologies. 

I had an extra label on the canvas that I couldn't see and it was interfering.  Once I removed it, all was well.   Your solution was spot-on!   Thanks again.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,016)