cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rory
Level: Powered On

Display a tilde ~ correctly in a label

Hi I was wondering where I can find information on how to properly display ~ #tilde in a label for #PowerApps currently my tilde looks like a - #dash .
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Display a tilde ~ correctly in a label

Hi @Rory ,

Do you want to display a tilde (~) within a Label in PowerApps app? 

Which region or language are you in?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. The screenshot as below:1.JPG

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I think this issue may be related to the Region or Language you used within your PC.

Currently, the Region setting in my PC is in United States, and my Windows Display language is English (United States).

On your side, please consider change the Region setting in your PC to United States, and set the Windows Display language to English (United States), then re-open your PowerApps, and re-create a new app, check if the issue is solved.

If the issue still exists, please consider re-start your PC, then re-create a new app again, check if the issue has been fixed.

More details about changing Region settings and Language setting in Windows PC, please check the following article:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/change-the-windows-regional-settings-to-modify-the-appearan...

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
myke_deabreu
Level 8

I have a feeling its your browser or funky region settings cause I just tried and it works for me. Looking online it seems that this is not PowerApp specific :

https://github.com/telegramdesktop/tdesktop/issues/537

https://www.electronicspoint.com/forums/threads/tildes-displayed-as-dashes-again.270575/

couple links with issue. I just tried on Edge and Chrome and was fine for me so I dont think you have to do anything special. Are you able to try on a different computer?

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Rory ,

Do you want to display a tilde (~) within a Label in PowerApps app? 

Which region or language are you in?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. The screenshot as below:1.JPG

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I think this issue may be related to the Region or Language you used within your PC.

Currently, the Region setting in my PC is in United States, and my Windows Display language is English (United States).

On your side, please consider change the Region setting in your PC to United States, and set the Windows Display language to English (United States), then re-open your PowerApps, and re-create a new app, check if the issue is solved.

If the issue still exists, please consider re-start your PC, then re-create a new app again, check if the issue has been fixed.

More details about changing Region settings and Language setting in Windows PC, please check the following article:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/change-the-windows-regional-settings-to-modify-the-appearan...

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,790)