cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Fedir_Redko
Level: Powered On

Display data from record(with table in the cell) from SharePoint list in the dropdown depending on choose from dropdown

Hey everybody I have an interesting case which I unfortunately can't solve maybe someone can help me with it. 
Background :
1) I have 2 tables in the Sharepoint:
       - "Line Technology" with columns Line(Choise) and Technology(text). 

- "TaskList" with columns 'Task'(Text), 'Technology(Text)',  'Type of the procedure'(Multiple choice), 'Area'(Choice)  and 'Feature'(Text).
I'm creating the app and the flow is next when the user opens the app he choose the Line. Depending from the line shown label with the technology and on the base of the technology should be displyed available types of the procedures. 
So the problem now is that  'Type of the procedure' field is a multiple choise field  and in the response it gives back table for the each record of the SP list. 
The question is next how I can filter records in the SP list by Technology and display in the dropdown available types? 
I was able to display first table with the types from the list but I'm unable to check other records on the availability of the other choises not only those which are available in the first record.

The formula which I use is next: 
First(ShowColumns(Filter(SDTaskList, Technology = ChooseTech.SelectedText.Value), "TypeofSDprocedure")).TypeofSDprocedure.Value

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-siky-msft
Level 10

Re: Display data from record(with table in the cell) from SharePoint list in the dropdown depending on choose from dropdown

Hi @Fedir_Redko ,

To better understanding your issue:

1. Which property do you put your formula to? Items property?

2. Do you use dropdown box now? Does the dropdown only show the choices that the first table contains?

3. Do you want to display the multiple selection of 'Type of the procedure' in dropdown box and show all choices in the dropdown list?

You should change to use combo box which support multiple selection, instead of dropdown box, and use Choices() function to display all choices of Types.

Just create a combo box, check "Allow Multiple Selection" property, and set Items as below If no accidents

Choices(SDTaskList.TypeofSDprocedure)

Then set DefaultSelectedItems property as below to display multiple types.

First(Filter(SDTaskList, Technology = ChooseTech.SelectedText.Value)).TypeofSDprocedure.Value

Please have a try and check if your issue is fixed.

Best regards,

Sik

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-siky-msft
Level 10

Re: Display data from record(with table in the cell) from SharePoint list in the dropdown depending on choose from dropdown

Hi @Fedir_Redko ,

To better understanding your issue:

1. Which property do you put your formula to? Items property?

2. Do you use dropdown box now? Does the dropdown only show the choices that the first table contains?

3. Do you want to display the multiple selection of 'Type of the procedure' in dropdown box and show all choices in the dropdown list?

You should change to use combo box which support multiple selection, instead of dropdown box, and use Choices() function to display all choices of Types.

Just create a combo box, check "Allow Multiple Selection" property, and set Items as below If no accidents

Choices(SDTaskList.TypeofSDprocedure)

Then set DefaultSelectedItems property as below to display multiple types.

First(Filter(SDTaskList, Technology = ChooseTech.SelectedText.Value)).TypeofSDprocedure.Value

Please have a try and check if your issue is fixed.

Best regards,

Sik

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 185 members 5,392 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: