cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pseifert
Level: Powered On

Display label if input text does not exist in collection ID

Hello,

I am trying to display a message if the input text from a usb barcode scanner does not exist in a certain field in a collection. I have the message displayed to let the user know to click the barcode input and scan, but I would like the bottom picture(red message) to display if they scan a piece that does not belong to the unique ship ID order. Is this possible to only display if it does not exist for the ship id?

See pics below.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Display label if input text does not exist in collection ID

@Pseifert 

Any luck on this?  Don't get confused by @v-xida-msft 's post - we already covered that in the first response.

If I understood your last post, you wanted to Lookup/Filter the order information into your Gallery and then verify the scan code against the items in that Gallery.  

If that was the case, then look back at my last post - that formula is worth a try.

If you want to do a little shortening of it similar to @v-xida-msft 's post, you could go with:

!(yourBarCode in Gallery3.AllItems.yourCertainFieldForCodes)

Post back and let us know if this solved your problem and feel free to mark the post as accepted.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Super User
Super User

@Pseifert 

Set the Visible property of the label to the formula that would return a true or false condition.

Example:

Visible :   (IsBlank(Lookup(yourCollection, yourCertainField=yourBarCode).ID))

This formula would evaluate to true if there is no matching lookup (i.e. ID is blank).

Since it would evaluate to true, that would make the Visible property true and thus the label would be displayed.

Hope this helps some.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Pseifert
Level: Powered On

@RandyHayes 

No luck :/.

So I have a gallery that you select the item from that determines the ship id. I would need this to lookup based on colorders where Gallery3.Selected.ShipID=ShipID. it does not seem to be looking at the whole ship id overall for some reason, but only if the value exists or is visible in the current gallery. Once an order has been filled ie the Order QTY = Filled qty, the record is hidden from the gallery.

Any ideas?

Super User
Super User

@Pseifert 

Perhaps share some of the formulas you are using on the visible property now and the condition you are expecting (based on field values).

I'm not entirely sure based on your description when and when not the label should be visible.

Are you saying the you want to look up the item in the current gallery of order items?

If that's the case, you might want to do your lookup then on the Gallery3.AllItems property.

Visible :   (IsBlank(Lookup(Gallery3.AllItems, yourCertainField=yourBarCode).ID))

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Pseifert ,

Could you please share a bit more about the collection that you mentioned?

Could you please show more details about your scenario?

If you want to display a message when the Input Text value is not existed within a certain field of your Collection, please take a try with the following workaround:

Set the Visible property of the Label to following:

If(
Not(TextInput.Text in YourCollection.FieldName), /* <-- YourCollection represents your collction. The FieldName represents a certain field in your collection */
true,
false
)

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Super User
Super User

@Pseifert 

Any luck on this?  Don't get confused by @v-xida-msft 's post - we already covered that in the first response.

If I understood your last post, you wanted to Lookup/Filter the order information into your Gallery and then verify the scan code against the items in that Gallery.  

If that was the case, then look back at my last post - that formula is worth a try.

If you want to do a little shortening of it similar to @v-xida-msft 's post, you could go with:

!(yourBarCode in Gallery3.AllItems.yourCertainFieldForCodes)

Post back and let us know if this solved your problem and feel free to mark the post as accepted.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 329 members 5,730 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: