cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Devildez
Level: Powered On

Display of calendars inside PowerApps

Hi, I'm making a "Book a Room" type of app. I changed most of the template but i kept part of the structure.

The idea is to be able to book a meeting room via this app and not Outlook. The way it works is that you send a request to the room (which has an e-mail adress) and the person in charge accepts or denies your request. If accepted, it gets in your calendar and the room's calendar at the time and date submitted.

All of this works, but I wanted to add a button to display the calendar of the different rooms and it seems that with the usual GetCalendarTables, I only get the items in My Calendars wich are Calendar, Birthdays ...

I do not think it's possible but I might as well ask. Is there a way to display these calendars from power apps (ideally, an On Select trigger would open the selected calendar in Outlook but it could also be an event display on a dropdown or such).

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
leyburn19
Level 10

Re: Display of calendars inside PowerApps

On the onvisible property to to one of the booking screens there is a collect that be what you are looking for. 

ClearCollect(AvailableRooms, Office365.FindMeetingTimes({RequiredAttendees: AllRoomsConnector, IsOrganizerOptional: true,
Start: StartDateTimeUTC, End: EndDateTimeUTC, MeetingDuration: DateDiff(StartDateTime, EndDateTime, Minutes),
MinimumAttendeePercentage: "1", ActivityDomain: "Unrestricted"}));

Devildez
Level: Powered On

Hi,

Thanks for the response. I tried this formula but it does not seem to work. The collection is empty. Besides, PowerApps does not recognize the AllRooms connector. If I try to display the result of the collection, it just says Organizer Unavalaible.

leyburn19
Level 10

I was using the code from the meeting room app which I assume uses the defaults from Outlook.  It may be your organisation has a different table name for its global rooms or the  code might be based elsewher in the app.  I got it from the onvisible to the Select vacant Rooms view

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,908)