cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Caroline_G
Level: Powered On

Display records in a display form

Hello,

I have created an app starting from a blank canvas, with a SharePoint List (with contact info) as datasource. 

The idea is very simple: search for someone using dropdown controls to filter and then get all info about one particular person. 

The first step (search for someone) is working well. Here is a screenshot of this first screen with the formula i used (and adapted to each dropdown of course). Results are displayed into a control gallery called 'list-result'.powerapp-1.png

'

Then, when people click on the "NextArrow", i want them to be able to get all info about the contact on a second screen. So, i added a FormWiever, select the same datasource as for my first screen ('champions-test') and in the property "item" i put: 'list-result'.selected.... and it doesn't work! Everytime i found a topic about that, this is the answer. I don't know why it is not working for me. 

When i click on the NextArrow, i move to the second screen and there is this message "no item to display" (sorry, french traduction). And in the "back office" i got this error message: Invalid FormulaExpected a value compatible with 'DataSource'. I tried to reduce the number of records in my list (now there are less than 500). I tried to change ' ' for " ". Nothing seems to work... if anyone has an idea that would be great ! 🙂 

For info, i tried to use the button "PowerApps" directly from SharePoint. If i click on the nextarrow on my list, all info are displayed correctly on a second screen. I checked their "code" and this is exactly what i try to do. Only the success is not the same 😉

Thanks a lot for your help!

Caroline

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TimRohr
Level 10

Re: Display records in a display form

Couple of points to clarify...

Single quotes are used for names:

'Some Datasource'.'That Field'

Dashes are problematic, as they are treated as minus signs by the compiler if they are not properly escaped. You might want to rename "list-selected" to "list_selected".

Then, try a First(Filter()) construction for the Item property of your detail form, filtering to the Selected item from your gallery.

If that doesn't work, just throw a label on your detail form and see if you can get it to return a particular piece of the Selected item from the Gallery.

And if none of that works, post back the specific info you are using... Gallery name and Item formula, etc.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TimRohr
Level 10

Couple of points to clarify...

Single quotes are used for names:

'Some Datasource'.'That Field'

Dashes are problematic, as they are treated as minus signs by the compiler if they are not properly escaped. You might want to rename "list-selected" to "list_selected".

Then, try a First(Filter()) construction for the Item property of your detail form, filtering to the Selected item from your gallery.

If that doesn't work, just throw a label on your detail form and see if you can get it to return a particular piece of the Selected item from the Gallery.

And if none of that works, post back the specific info you are using... Gallery name and Item formula, etc.

View solution in original post

Caroline_G

Thank you for your answer! I'll try that and let you know !

Highlighted
Caroline_G

Thanks again @TimRohr ! It works!

I added this formula to the Item property of my formviewer: First(Filter(championstest;Nom=list_result.Selected.Result))

I also renamed the gallery and my source to get ride of dashes.

Thanks for your help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,968)