cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DavidMacarthur
Level: Powered On

Displaying and Editing Excel fed table

Hello everyone,

My first app so anything you could offer would be most appreciated and I'm sure it's probably very simple.

I have an excel table as my data source. Headings Client, IM Assigned etc etc my app displays an overview of these as a list.

1.PNG

I have the right arrow set to change to a screen displaying an editable form however it shows "no item to display" when I move to it in view mode. My intent is that it will show the data from the item associated with the row in the excel sheet associated with that position in the list and then that item would be editable. Any edits write back to the excel sheet and the overview list. I'm just not sure how to make that connection. I assume it's under data>Item but I'm not sure what to enter.

2.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Displaying and Editing Excel fed table

Hi @DavidMacarthur,

Make sure that the Item property of the Form says Gallery1.Selected and that the datasource of the Form is identical to the Items property of the Gallery.  Replace Gallery1 with the name of your Gallery,

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

Hi @DavidMacarthur,

Make sure that the Item property of the Form says Gallery1.Selected and that the datasource of the Form is identical to the Items property of the Gallery.  Replace Gallery1 with the name of your Gallery,

View solution in original post

DavidMacarthur

Thank you very much, that's displaying the matching entry now. The data source is the same but it doesn't seem to be updating the excel sheet, I'm guessing I need to have a submit change button or something similar which prompts the data to be updated in the sheet but that's another issue all together really.

Super User
Super User

Your button should have SubmitForm(Form1) as its OnSelect property and the Form should have Back() in its OnSuccess property.

DavidMacarthur

That's awesome, can't thank you enough. I never would have found that, I was looking at Update functions.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,373)