cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheRobRush
Level 8

Displaying one column in combobox, but collecting another

Question, seems like this should be an easy thing to do but I cannot seem to find an answer or make it work myself. So maybe it is not a feature yet, but thought I would ask here.

Have a sharepoint list with various people and results of their evaluations in it.

Using a combo box to select that person and reload their info.

As of now, if their are two identical name records the lookup will return the first one, instead of the one you choose.

Is there a way to make the combo box DISPLAY the title field for people to select, and maybe even something more identifiable like the Title Field && " " && Date Field. And when they select it instead of returning that, return the selected records ID Column?

SP List has a column at the end of it that stores the items chosen for each transaction.

ComboBox below my name selector Combobox (this is just for testing to make it work, will be more complicated layout once I figure out the logistics of how to make it work.) displays the items sold for that transaction.

If I have an employee with 2 transactions selecting their second instance in the combo box still returns results of first transaction, below is the code returning these for me.

DefaultSelectedItems  =  LookUp(SalesEvalSave,Title=ComboBox1.Selected.Title,FIRSTPRODUCTS)

First instinct was to change .title above to .ID but that returns invalid argument since the select name combobox is only keeping the titel as a result.

See below on right hand side for my name select comboboximage.png

Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TheRobRush
Level 8

Re: Displaying one column in combobox, but collecting another

Nevermind it was a STUPID mistake I was making.

In case anyone else has this issue, be sure you set the items to the sp list name only, not splistname.column

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
TheRobRush
Level 8

Re: Displaying one column in combobox, but collecting another

Nevermind it was a STUPID mistake I was making.

In case anyone else has this issue, be sure you set the items to the sp list name only, not splistname.column

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,527)