cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samurai89
Level: Powered On

Displaying series in a Line Chart/Adding series to a Line Chart (Filtering a Line Chart)

Hi,

I've got a ListBox control (ListBoxCategory) and a drop-down control (DropdownEmployee). I would like my Line Cart to display information based on the employee you select in the drop-down list, and the categories you select in the list box.

• The ListBoxCategory uses a data source (CategoryTable) which contains a 'CategoryID' and 'Category' column.

CategoryTable2.jpgData source: CategoryTable

The ListBoxCategory's Items is set to 'CategoryTable', and the Value is set to 'Category' - it displays 'Lunch', 'Meetings', 'Work', 'Travel', and 'Breaks' (the values in the Category column)

• The DropdownEmployee uses a data source (EmployeeTable) which contains an 'EmployeeID' and 'Employee' column - it displays the names of the employees in the Employee column.

EmployeeTable.jpgData source: EmployeeTable

The DropdownEmployee's Items is set to 'EmployeeTable', and the Value is set to 'Employee'. 

The line chart's data source (EmployeeDetails) contains a 'Category', 'HoursSpent', 'Employee', and 'MonthYear' column. The MonthYear column contains dates formatted as text:

EmployeeDetails.jpgData source: EmployeeDetails

The line chart should display data from the 'HoursSpent' column that corresponds to the selected employee (DropdownEmployee) and the selected category(s) (ListBoxCategory). For example, if you select 'Lunch' and 'Travel' in the ListBoxCategory, it should display the corresponding 'HoursSpent' value (Y-axis) and the MonthYear (X-axis) so that you can see one line that shows which months the HoursSpent for Lunch and another line that shows the HoursSpent for Travel.

Right now I have it set to: 

Filter(EmployeeDetails,Employee=DropdownEmployee.Selected.Employee,CategoryValue=ListBoxCategory.SelectedItems.Category)

but this is not working.

Please help.

1 REPLY 1
TopShelf-MSFT
Level 10

Re: Displaying series in a Line Chart/Adding series to a Line Chart (Filtering a Line Chart)

Adding @FilipK to assist with this question 🙂 @TopShelf-MSFT

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,717)