cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PowerAddict
Level 10

Re: Distinct and Filter not working to populate combo box

No problem, thanks for sharing the data. I am going to recreate this and get back to you soon. 

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution. Thanks!

Hardit(Haman)

PowerAddict
Level 10

Attached is a document that shows this step-by-step. It works perfectly fine, please let me know if it doesn't work for you. 

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution. Thanks!

Hardit(Haman)

View solution in original post

EmilioatUplyft
Level: Powered On

Thank you so much for the detail in recreating the scenario @PowerAddict . The script I used in both second and third combo boxes matches yours and the first SP List still doesn't work but the second SP List it did work...so I'm going to recreate the SP List and see if maybe that gets it working.

Do you have recommendations for how to get the published app to behave like the play feature while editing? When I use the play button (or hold the alt key) while building the app, the 3rd combo box right-side works, but when I try the combo boxes on the published app, the 3rd combo box doesn't work. I just double checked and re-saved/re-published app.

Highlighted
EmilioatUplyft

Do function definitions within the powerapps builder indicate whether they are delegable or not? Or do you have to figure out from error/warning messages? Like let's say, I did have 2100 SP items and I wanted to populate (a bad idea I know) the combo boxes. How do I know if the Filter() can delegate or not?

Cheers,

EmilioatUplyft

Follow-up @PowerAddict . I recreated the SP List and created a new connector. When I first tested combo 3 it didn't work. I looked at the Fields property inspector. It was set to the wrong column of the SP List, so I changed it to application_name. I then tried the Filter() without Distinct and it retrieved items.

Filter(intune_application_naming_convention_nodes, node_os=app_os.Selected.Result,policy_context=app_context.Selected.Result)

Now, when I inspect the Fields property, it displays: application_name.

When I first add the Distinct()

Distinct(Filter(intune_application_naming_convention_nodes, node_os=app_os.Selected.Result,policy_context=app_context.Selected.Result),application_name)

when I inspect the Fields property, both Primary text and SearchField are blank. However, after letting the app sit without changes for 15 minutes, combo 3 now works with the Distinct() and the Fields inspector lists "Result" for both. So now its working?

I just wanted to point out that perhaps me changing the Fields Primary text to the correct might have done something?? not sure. 

combo-cascade-8.pngMultiple Filters now working. Fields properties look good.combo-cascade-7.pngWith Distinct() Fields properties are blank..

PowerAddict
Level 10

I will check in a few minutes but is it now working for you everytime? Did you end up using the formula I shared?

---

Hardit(Haman)

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,184)