cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
rsparks
Level: Powered On

Do users need read permissions to lists to view the list data in a powerapp?

I have a form that submits data to 1 list, and pulls in data from several.

Do the users need read access to the lists that the data is pulled from? I understand that they need edit access to the data storing the information. If they don't have read access, will the data just not display in the form?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Do users need read permissions to lists to view the list data in a powerapp?

Hi @rsparks ,

Yes, if you want users read the data from data source in PowerApps, you need to give users the permission of reading data source.

If you want users write data from data source in PowerApps, you need to give users the permission of writing data source.

If you want to share apps to others, you not only need to share the app, but also need to share data source and give them the permission of data source.

Here's a doc about sharing app's data source for your reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/share-app-resources

If your problem still exists, please tell me what is your data source.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Do users need read permissions to lists to view the list data in a powerapp?

Hi @rsparks ,

Yes, if you want users read the data from data source in PowerApps, you need to give users the permission of reading data source.

If you want users write data from data source in PowerApps, you need to give users the permission of writing data source.

If you want to share apps to others, you not only need to share the app, but also need to share data source and give them the permission of data source.

Here's a doc about sharing app's data source for your reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/share-app-resources

If your problem still exists, please tell me what is your data source.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,816)