cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Keysersozeey
Level: Powered On

Document Generated From Flow always print the template

Hi, so I have a flow that automatically creates a Microsoft word document from a template using populate a Microsoft word template. and save it in Sharepoint. but I don't know why every time I try to open in desktop or preview it and print it always turn back to the template document. The value only changes when I open it in my Sharepoint edit mode. Its been a few days and I couldn't figure it out. Anyone help, please.

7 REPLIES 7
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Document Generated From Flow always print the template

Hi @Keysersozeey 

How are you saving the newly created word document? Are performing any further actions on that? 

If you could share a screesnhot of the flow, we might be better able to identify the issue and help you with this. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Keysersozeey

@yashag2255 

here is my flow screenshot, So my flow is create a document in my SharePoint when new record created

image.png

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @Keysersozeey 

I can see the overall flow here. Can you please expand the Populate Word doc, Create File and the condition actions and share those screenshots too? 

I am guessing there is some issue with the file being saved. 

Also, if there is no requirement of editing after the word doc is generated, you can use the convert a word template to pdf action to convert the populated word doc to a pdf and save it. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Keysersozeey

@yashag2255 

here is the detailed flow, the body is an image generated from api it a qr code

image.png

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @Keysersozeey 

Can you check and confirm that this file is being created in SharePoint document library (basically the path where you are creating this file). Ensure that the file name is not similar to other ones as it will replace the other files with this filename then. 

I don't see anything wrong in the flow as all the steps are properly defined. Can you add another step after the create file action as convert word template to pdf and create the ew pdf file in sharepoint and check if you continue to face the same issue:tes.PNG

Hope this Helps!

Highlighted
Keysersozeey

@yashag2255 Hi it still doesn't work, I don't know what makes this behavior when I convert It to pdf It converting the template with a QR code Image. I don't know why when I save the word file or open in from desktop it always showing the template. Is this Bug? 

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @Keysersozeey 

I can assure you it is not a bug as I am able to use the word connector in my flows and it is working as expected. 

So in your flow when you convert to a PDF, it just has the QR code and nothing else? 

Can you check if the relevant data is being pulled by the flow? 

You can expand the trigger in teh flow run histroy to check what all items have been returned. If you contniue to face the issue, can you try creating the word template again and importing it on onedrive or sharepoint? as there might be a chance that the template got corrupted. 

Hope this Helps!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,707)