Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Shaz27
Level: Powered On

Drag Attachment to Outlook

Hi All,

I have a customer who is considering moving their current application to PowerApps, however in their current application they have the ability to drag and attachment from their existing application to an outlook email.

Is there any way to drag an attachment from a Power apps form to an outlook email and attach the file (not put in a link to documents in case they do not have access to the Sharepoint site).  The business do not want to have to download an attachment and then attach in to outlook, OR, is there anyway to build in this functionality in PowerApps (they may have multiple attachments, but only want to put a subset of them in to an email)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Drag Attachment to Outlook

@Shaz27 

Drag and drop...no!  But, email capability with attachments in PowerApps - yes!

Take a look at the Office365 Outlook Connector first to get some ideas as to what options you would have.  Then, if you get stumped, search through this forum about sending email with attachments - there are LOTS of postings about it to help you.

I hope that gives you some starting thoughts. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

@Shaz27 

Drag and drop...no!  But, email capability with attachments in PowerApps - yes!

Take a look at the Office365 Outlook Connector first to get some ideas as to what options you would have.  Then, if you get stumped, search through this forum about sending email with attachments - there are LOTS of postings about it to help you.

I hope that gives you some starting thoughts. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

Shaz27
Level: Powered On

Thank you @RandyHayes, not what I was hoping for but will take a look and see what I can build in to cater for this.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,510)