Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
haniel
Level 8

Drop Down Not Loading All Managed Metadata items

Hi,

I've created a PowerApps app that loads a number of drop-down fields from managed metadata.  What I noticed is that each of the drop-down lists only loads the first 20 items.  Is this a limitation in PowerApps or is there a setting somewhere else to increase the limit?

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Drop Down Not Loading All Managed Metadata items

Hi,

You should be able to type in some text and search it within the Combo Box for the proper item.

For the total number list, currenlty I have no idea about that, which I think should be a current limitation.

I will make some tests and check it out.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
hanielc
Level: Powered On

Hi,

I'm using PowerApps not from within a SharePoint list, but rather a separate app.  So I don't have the option to type into a Combo box.

danielvirgili2
Level: Power Up

I have the same problem. We would like to have the full list on Mobile view for metadata, because that was not possible we tried with customising the forms but we get this 20 items limit as well

I just found this post.  I'm in the same boat here with the 20 item limit.  I have 50 items in my termset and I want all 50 to show up. I would prefer not to have to instruct people to search in this particular case. 

The other problem I have with search is it only starts at the beginning of the string. For search to work for me I would need a LIKE or CONTAINS statement. This doesn't work for me either, so I am dead in the water.

@v-micsh-msft - What were the results of your tests?

Bump

ChrisGillotti

This is an absolute necessity! We have managed metadata columns in sharepoint that are 30-40 selections long, and we lose half of the options. If users have not used a form before or made the selection before, they would have no idea how the selection is worded in the list. So typing may not even be a solution. We need to allow users to see a full list of options to select from

DavidLozzi

Appears to still be an issue!

Lozzi
slalom
Lionheadbunnies

How annoying is this restriction, please Microsoft can you increase the number of items returned AND allow 'Contains' type searching to find items

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,049)