cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Janaboy
Level: Powered On

Drop-down blank field how-to from Excel table, How to get Office365User additional field

Hi All,

I hope it is not a problem to ask multiple things in one post.

1. I have an excel list with 4 columns (approver_name, approver_jobtitle,approver_email,approver_dept)

In the Excel table (called Table3) under the header the first line is empty then coming the names.

I have tried several version (sort, clearcollect etc) but wasn't able to make blank as default.

With the Collect-Clearcollect the drop-down field was empty.

2. I would like to pull out from our system a field called User ID (this is not equal with the Office365.ID what is available in the current setup. This information is stored (cannot explain better, if i open Delve and under View profile - Additional informaton. Can i get that information somehow?

3. I have also read lot of articles, guides etc, but couldn't solve it.

I have several fields (textinput, dropdown etc) what i would like to make required, but not sure how to.

I hope you can help me with these.

Thank you in advance

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Drop-down blank field how-to from Excel table, How to get Office365User additional field

Hi @Janaboy,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you create an app based on your Excel table?

Further, could you please share a screenshot about your app's configuration?

For your first question, do you want to set the blank value as the default value within the Drop down control?

If the first row within your Excel table is empty, please take a try with the following workaround:

Set the OnVisible property of the first screen of your app to following:

ClearCollect(
                  RecordsCollection,
                  First(YourExcelTable),
                  Filter(YourExcelTable, approver_name <> Blank())
)

Or

ClearCollect(
                  RecordsCollection,
                  Filter(YourExcelTable, approver_name = Blank()),
                  Filter(YourExcelTable, approver_name <> Blank())
)

Then type the following formula within the Items proeprty of the Drop down control:

RecordsCollection.approver_name

For your second question, could you please share a bit more about the User ID that you mentioned? Based on the needs that you mentioned, I think you want to pull out the User ID value based on some conditions. I think the LookUp function and Filter function could achieve your needs in PowerApps.

More details about LookUp function and Filter function, please check the following article:

LookUp function, Filter function

For your third question, do these several fields that you mentioned existed within a Edit form? If these several fields that you mentioned existed within a Edit form, I think the Required proeprty of the corresponding Data cards relaetd to these fields within the Edit form could achieve your needs.

Please set the Required property of the corresponding Data cards related to these fields (within the Edit form) to following:

true

If these several fields that you mentioned are not existed within a Edit form, I think the If function and IsBlank function could achieve your needs. Please take a try with the following formula:

If(
!IsBlank(DataCardValue1.Text) && IsBlank(DataCardValue2.Selected.Value) && ... ,
Perform the logic you want to do
)

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Janaboy
Level: Powered On

Re: Drop-down blank field how-to from Excel table, How to get Office365User additional field

Hi v-xida-msft,

Thank you for the reply.

The second is not relevant anymore, we will try to use SQL database with another solution.

Thanks for the tip for the 3rd, i will have a look.

However i have tested the 1st and it is not working, it is getting empty the field, but the list is empty, nothing coming up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,712)