cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KyleS
Level: Power Up

Drop down not displaying

I have imported a excel table in to PowerApps and added a drop down list from a new data source, which is an additional tab from the excel I had imported to create the PowerApp. The drop down shows in edit mode, but when I 'play' the power app I do not see the drop down field.  I know I'm missing something, just can't figure out how to display the drop down field when not editing the power app.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Drop down not displaying

Hi @KyleS,

The form has to have an Item property set to a gallery or datatable if you are going to be editing a record.  The fields will be displayed if the form is in New mode.  This can be set from a button outside of the form with an OnSelect property NewForm(formname). The button can be on another screen, it doesn't have to be on the same screen as the form.   You can also set the default mode property of the form from Edit to New.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
KyleS
Level: Power Up

I have figured this out, but now have a issue retreiving the value from the drop down selection. I am trying to display the value from a drop down in a DataCardValue using Lookup(DropDown.Selected.Value) but get a error invalid number of arguments: received 1, expected 2-3. not sure what other values its expecting. Maybe there is a bette way to acheive this?

Super User
Super User

You can reference any field from a dropdown control, not just the one displayed, without a lookup. Dropdown1.Selected.ID for example. The control contains an entire record but displays only one field.
If you put the dropdown control in a card, change the Update property of the card to Dropdown1.Selected.ID if you want to save that value even if the control shows something else in the display.
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Hi @KyleS,

The form has to have an Item property set to a gallery or datatable if you are going to be editing a record.  The fields will be displayed if the form is in New mode.  This can be set from a button outside of the form with an OnSelect property NewForm(formname). The button can be on another screen, it doesn't have to be on the same screen as the form.   You can also set the default mode property of the form from Edit to New.

View solution in original post

iamlee
Level 8

are you trying to do a cascading drop down? The error is because LookUp function expects at least 2 arguments, source and the condition (3 if you need to return a result). 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 313 members 5,911 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: