cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
notj
Level: Powered On

Drop down values pulled from one SharePoint list, and then saved to my current list?

I'd like to make a drop down menu that gets it's values from a specific column on a different list, and then be able to save the values to my current list in a text field. I'm not quite sure how to do that though.

Some additional info: I've got a list with 10 or so different fields. The PA form is used to enter in new items to the list. One of the fields, I want to be a drop down that gets its values from a completely different list. When the form is saved, I want that selected drop down value to save to a text field on my main list.

Hopefully all that makes sense.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Drop down values pulled from one SharePoint list, and then saved to my current list?

Hi @notj 

Assuming you are using Form Control

The text field control which you want to replace will be part of a data card in From Control

You will have to unlock the data card

Delete the text control (which will result in a few error because of the dependency between the card and the control)

Next add a dropdown field (connect it to your data source)

and then update the card properties (Update property) to get the value from the dropdown control as dropdown.Selected.Value

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Drop down values pulled from one SharePoint list, and then saved to my current list?

Hi @notj 

Assuming you are using Form Control

The text field control which you want to replace will be part of a data card in From Control

You will have to unlock the data card

Delete the text control (which will result in a few error because of the dependency between the card and the control)

Next add a dropdown field (connect it to your data source)

and then update the card properties (Update property) to get the value from the dropdown control as dropdown.Selected.Value

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

notj
Level: Powered On

@RezaDorrani That's definitely what I'm looking for, and I'm sure it's right, but can you give me more info on the "update card to get value of dropdown control" part?

I set the "Update" property of the card to Dropdown1.Selected.Value but it's not recognizing the .Value part.

I also get an error at the top of the form when trying to submit the form saying "an entry is required or has an invalid value. Please correct and try again." 

I verified I have no required columns on the list though.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (3,697)