Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: DropDown List resetting to default on Navigate

Any news on this topic? This bug drives me crazy.. 🙂

rmmcgr
Level 8

I put in a support ticket with MS. Apparently a fix is being rolled out soon.

I have just tested and re-published my app and it appears to be working now.

Regards

Highlighted
BO55VXR
Level: Powered On

Yeah .... Tested and appears fixed .... cool stuff

AlisdairJohnsto

I have found the same issue.  Despite implementing the fix indicated by Shane Young:

If(EditFormEntityReports.Mode = FormMode.Edit,Parent.Default, " ")

this no longer works consistently 😞  Has anyone found a workaround?

sankar_tr
Level: Power Up

Seems the issue is back, the form is getting reset while navigate to another screen, is there any solution for that?
PowerApps Staff tahoon
PowerApps Staff

Hi @sankar_tr can you elaborate on the issue? Is everything in the form reset when you go to a different screen and return? Are there any formulas used that might call ResetForm() or change the Item or DefaultMode used in the form?

s0ylaunica

I'm having the same issue and no matter where I put the reset() function it is not working for me. The dropdown is actually resetting to blank, not the default, I believe. It's not behaving that way in the studio, but is doing the same both on web and mobile PowerApps. 

This is what I tried originally:

Screen 1 I have two dropdowns for Customer and Property. If the Property is not listed for that customer the use selects a + sign and it navigates to screen 2 to add the location. The idea is to have the Customer field prepopulated with the customer that was selected on the previous screen. I set the OnSelect property for the + sign to Set(Customer,DataCardValue20.Selected.Value);NewForm(LocationForm);Navigate(LocationForm, ScreenTransition.None), but the value wouldn't pass through to the next screen the first time but would pass through any subsequential submissions for that entire user session.

So I started playing with this a bit and here is the fun part:

On the Customer dropdown (DataCardValue20) for the OnSelect property I put Set(Customer,DataCardValue20.Selected.Value) and the variable passes through the next screen perfectly.....BUT for whatever reason when I do this, the Property dropdown no longer displays the items I have listed. Distinct(Filter('All Locations with Hierarchy', DataCardValue20.Selected.Id = Customer.Id),Property).

Any recommendations?

SankarR

Thanks for the quick response. I am not using any formula to reset the form and return to it default mode. I am also confirming that, the navigation is working nice in powerapps studio player, but when  the user access the published app from his own client browser, it is resetting to default.  To reconfirm that, I removed all the formula except the navigation formula in the button, but still it resets the form to default mode.

PowerApps Staff tahoon
PowerApps Staff

@s0ylaunica and @SankarR Can I confirm whether all controls are in the form are reset or is it just the dropdowns? Also, do screen 1 and screen 2 have a form that uses the same data source?

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,884)