cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RCWade
Level: Powered On

DropDown Values Show Blank

I have a dropdown on a custom datacard. This drop down gets its text and values from a seperate datatable. (via SQL Connection)

- I have a count function that shows me the datatable contains  records.

- If I select an 'empty' item when using the dropdown, the form stores the info that it should, I just cant read what I am selecting.

- In the designer, the app works and displays the dropdown values correctly.

It is very frustrating. There are no errors I can find.

Phone_Display.jpgPhoneDesigner_Display.PNGDesigner

Each of these photos is from the same records, same build of the app.

3 REPLIES 3
RCWade

Re: DropDown Values Show Blank

For additional information: 

The rows display blank in all 'live' situations. I have tested it on a Windows machine, iPhone and iPad.

The dropdown entries only display correctly when running it from the editor.

prajyot
Level 8

If I understood your issue correctly, you are not able to see the items of the drop down list.

Set the DisplayMode to DisplayMode.Edit

Make sure your Items property is populating the values correctly if it is getting from SQL Data Source

Thanks

RCWade

@prajyot wrote:

If I understood your issue correctly, you are not able to see the items of the drop down list.

Set the DisplayMode to DisplayMode.Edit

Make sure your Items property is populating the values correctly if it is getting from SQL Data Source

Thanks

Thank you for the input.

- DisplayMode: I misspoke. This is not on an actual 'datacard', but the DropDown control is set to Edit for DisplayMode option.

- The SQL datasource IS returning exactly what is expected, otherwise the designer would not work.

- The bug is ONLY present for 'published' versions of the app. It works 100% of the time when running it from within the designer.

- If I select on the of the resulting 'blank' rows from the drop down, and commit the change, then the app store the correct information, so the VALUES in the the drop-down rows are there, despite not displaying the text on the control.

See the attached snippet, running the app in the designer or on a device, the row count is correct.

13 rows.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,507)