Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
nchandran
Level: Powered On

Dropdown Menu to show objects instead of text

HI,

is it possible for a dropdown menu to show objects or pictures instead of text. I am trying to replicate a stocking dashboard into powerapps . However i can change the dropdown menu, can someone enlighten me. Attached is the screen shot.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
nchandran

Re: Dropdown Menu to show objects instead of text

I had to self resolve this by applying context variable concept on the object or image and then using switch command on the onchange properties of the dropdown.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
PowerAddict
Level 10

I would probably use a gallery instead of a dropdown and use the Image, Title, Subtitle layout. The gallery could have a search box that lets the user to type if they dont want to scroll through the entire gallery (although they would have to do the same in case of a dropdown). Once the desired record is found, they can click on the gallery row and you can do exactly the same thing in the OnSelect property of the gallery as you would have done if you would have used a dropdown. 

Let me know if this helps. 

nchandran

Its a simple chart shows a warehouse layout and each rectangle is the rack that show how much weight is loaded on it based on the colour code. So the user will select the colour code to indicate how much weight was loaded on it. Gallery wont fit this requirement since layout is one of the key things.

PowerAddict
Level 10

Can you use a combo box instead? Set the Items property of the combo box to the entity that stores your data. Then Edit the Fields property and select Person layout. You should then be able to select an image, and a couple of fields that will display when the combo box is expanded. 

Please let me know if this helps

nchandran

There is no data , its just a notice board to show the colour codes referencing to the weight from the legend piece.

Its just a dummy board where the user just choose the colour against the colour code.

nchandran

I had to self resolve this by applying context variable concept on the object or image and then using switch command on the onchange properties of the dropdown.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,676)