cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jignaski18
Level: Power Up

Dropdown Values from Excel Table on OneDrive will not populate

I am trying to populate a dropdown list based on a previous selection. The excel file contains a table called Fleets. It has two columns: Districts and Fleet. The dropdown is to display the fleets associated with that district. The user selects what district they are working from in a previous screen. 

Flow: Selects district > Transitions to Fleet Selection > Selects Fleet from dropdown

I cannot get the dropdown to generate any values even setting the Items formula to fx= Fleets.Districts.

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jignaski18

Re: Dropdown Values from Excel Table on OneDrive will not populate

Thank you for your suggestion. I fould that setting a variable onselect of the button to control the dropdown seemed to work. Going to move my data over to a SQL server next!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

I created a table identical to the one you included in your screen shot and connected it to two dropdowns - one to choose the district and the second to choose the fleet from only those valid for the district. 

I don't connect to Excel very often, so when I first started to test, I couldn't get anything to show up in my dropdown, even after refreshing twice and I was very puzzled.  Then I realized the file was open so I closed it, refreshed again and immediately my data popped.  That may not be related to your issue, but thought I would share, just FYI.

Here is how I set up my dropdowns.  You can see that it did indeed show the data and filter by district.

DD.png

I hope this can help you pinpoint your problem.

PowerApps Staff Mr-Dang-MSFT
PowerApps Staff

@jignaski18 , let us know if @LRVinNC's solution works for you.

As FYI, the scenario you're trying to achieve can be searched by some keywords: 'dependent drop downs' or 'cascading drop downs'. 

jignaski18

Thank you for your suggestion. I fould that setting a variable onselect of the button to control the dropdown seemed to work. Going to move my data over to a SQL server next!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,713)