cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jrojas
Level: Powered On

Dropdown and Combo box

I have created an App, where I have 2 combo boxes & 1 drop down. The choices for those boxes are coming from a table in excel. I am trying to figure out a way to save the selected values to a sharepoint list that I have. 

I created a choice column in my sharepoint list for each combo box and drop down box, but I keep getting an error message. For the drop down I have the column in my share point list called GLCode, I am not sure where I am going wrong in my formula.

Here is the formula I have: 

Patch(Rental,Defaults(Rental),{Title:"New",EqType:Title2.Text,'Duration ':DurationText.Text,GLCode: Dropdown2.Selected.Value})

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Re: Dropdown and Combo box

Since your column in SharePoint is a choice column it is expecting a record to be patch and not just the text value. I haven't tried this using Excel as my dropdown list in PowerApps but here is a quick change you can test. Just remove the ".Value" from "Dropdown2.Selected", so it is passing the record instead of the value.

Patch(Rental,Defaults(Rental),{Title:"New",EqType:Title2.Text,'Duration ':DurationText.Text,GLCode: Dropdown2.Selected})

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.
jrojas

No luck with that. I get an error saying:

"Invalid argument type. Expecting a Record value, but of a different schema." 

SergioNiño

I'm facing the same issue. Any lucky?

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 336 members 5,044 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: