cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
gpedone
Level: Powered On

Dropdown menu properties issue with sizing and color

I have a dropdown menu I am using to filter a gallery. This application is intended to be used for IOS and Andriod.

When I do the testing on my desktop, the dropdown menu is the length of the choices (only 4) so the user can click anywhere else on the screen and the dropdown menu disappears. When I use test the application on a mobile device, the dropdown menu takes up the entire screen and the "x" button to navigate out is dark gray on a black background which makes in nearly invisible.

The only workaround I have found is to change the background color of the dropdown menu but the rest of my application is a black background so for continuity's sake I would like to keep it black. Does anyone know how I can change the color of the "x"/cancel button or if I can limit the size of the menu to not take up the entire screen?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Dropdown menu properties issue with sizing and color

Hi @gpedone ,

I've made a lot of tests and found that it's not supported to customize "x" and the pop-up window.

Its size and "x"'s color is generated by system.

Here's a similar idea that someone has posted, you could vote for him:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/Adjustable-Size-of-Dropdown-Box/idi-p/119788

For now, you could change some settings about the pop-up window's color.

For example: 

• ChevronFill and ChevronBackground
  • ChevronHoverFill and ChevronHoverBackground
  • SelectionColor and SelectionFill
  • SelectionFill and Fill
  • Color

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @gpedone 

To manage the width of controls based on screen size, you can use the ScreenName.Width function in the X property of the dropdown control to make this dynamic with respect to screen size, something similar to:

Dropdown -> Width -> Screen1.Width - 50

Also, to change the color of icon, you can update the "Color" property.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!
gpedone
Level: Powered On

Thanks for the response. The width property alters the size of the box where the dropdown menu is located. I am looking to alter the size of the popup window when you select the dropdown menu. Any idea on how to cahnge that?

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @gpedone 

You can use the same Screen.Width to adjust its height as well. I am thinking this as a custom popup. If you can share a screenshot of the setup that is getting messed up, then we might debug this together to get the appropriate formula.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @gpedone ,

I've made a lot of tests and found that it's not supported to customize "x" and the pop-up window.

Its size and "x"'s color is generated by system.

Here's a similar idea that someone has posted, you could vote for him:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/Adjustable-Size-of-Dropdown-Box/idi-p/119788

For now, you could change some settings about the pop-up window's color.

For example: 

• ChevronFill and ChevronBackground
  • ChevronHoverFill and ChevronHoverBackground
  • SelectionColor and SelectionFill
  • SelectionFill and Fill
  • Color

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 259 members 5,410 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: