cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DunstonJ
Level: Powered On

Dropdown no longer automatically showing first item

I have a form with a text input box, and dropdown.  The dropdown Items formula is

Office365Users.SearchUser({searchTerm:TextInput1.Text}).DisplayName

The Default value for the dropdown has always been "".

Until this morning, as I typed values in the Text Input box the first item returned by the Items formula above would appear in the Dropdown list of items AND in the box area.  By some strange occurance this morning, only the Dropdown list of items shows data. The box area is blank until I select a value from the items.

I don't know what could have changed this morning. 

Dropdown question.png

Dropdown question2.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
OneThing
Level 8

Re: Dropdown no longer automatically showing first item

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Issue-with-new-Powerapps-version-3-19014-8-Dr...

More information and a resolve here.

Basically a bigfix stopped the default first item selection. This will be rolled back today but there is a fix in the thread

"It looks like some people relied on this behavior to have the first item selected by default. In order to get that behavior, people will need to set the value of the Default property to the first item in their dataset (i.e. First(DATA_FROM_ITEMS).FIELD_FROM_VALUE) )."

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Dawidvh
Level 10

Hi @DunstonJ

I am not sure what changed, but I am getting the same results as you at the moment.

It might make sense that a drop down behaves this way as in the past you had to do a few things to make sure that the drop down doesn't automatically select the first value. Maybe Microsoft 'fixed' it.

Consder using a Combobox for this function, they work great.

Have a great day.

twitter: @dawidvh

youTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIMe_ErQZP5chbI9UyW0xLw

>>If you found this reply helpful, please mark this as the answer to close the topic and make it easier to find for other people with similar questions.<<

Highlighted
cma2438
Level: Powered On

Having the same issues. Maybe the did some type of update? 

OneThing
Level 8

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Issue-with-new-Powerapps-version-3-19014-8-Dr...

More information and a resolve here.

Basically a bigfix stopped the default first item selection. This will be rolled back today but there is a fix in the thread

"It looks like some people relied on this behavior to have the first item selected by default. In order to get that behavior, people will need to set the value of the Default property to the first item in their dataset (i.e. First(DATA_FROM_ITEMS).FIELD_FROM_VALUE) )."

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 379 members 4,497 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: