cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
SilentUK
Level: Powered On

Dual searching a sharepoint list

I have a sharepoint list set up like the attached screenshot. 

Capture.PNG

Each line has the company, and then the prices they charge for shipping the boxes.

I'm trying to create a search app in powerapps where a user can select from a dropdown the name of the company, and then enter the amount they want to ship and the gallery will spit out the price of that shipment.  Currently, I can get the search to function correctly when searching by company name, but trying to further filter this down is not working for me. Is there a way to get dual searches to work on one sharepoint list?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Dual searching a sharepoint list

Hi @SilentUK 

The approach I would take for this is to keep the Items property of your gallery control as it is.

For the label in the gallery where you want to display the pallet price, I would set the text property to this.

Switch(DropdownPallets.Selected.Value, 
"1 Pallet", '1 Pallet',
"2 Pallet", '2 Pallet',
"3 Pallet", '3 Pallet',
"4 Pallet", '4 Pallet',
"5 Pallet", '5 Pallet'
)

When the user changes the value in the dropdown box, the label in the gallery should display the corresponding value.

image.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Super User
Super User

Hi @SilentUK 

Could you clarify what you mean about further filtering your results and duel searches?

For example, is the case that the 'Company Name' value is not unique in your list, and you want to return say, all rows where the 'Company Name' matches 'Test 1' and the '2 Pallets' value is less than £3?

SilentUK

I've taken a screenshot of my app which should help to further clarify this:

Capture.PNG

I want the user to select the company in the first drop down... This will refine the gallery to just showing that company.  I then want the second drop down to be a list of options of "1 box, 2 boxes" (The other columns in the list) etc.  Choosing this will get the gallery to display the price in that cell.  For example, if the user chose "Test 1" from the first drop down, and "2 pallets" in the second dropdown, the gallery would display the contents of the cell of the list which is "£2". 

geneZebra
Level 8

try using a Filter command rather than search in the items property of your gallery. You can add the conditions you need to search on in the filter which will be  the selected item from each dropdown.

Super User
Super User

Hi @SilentUK 

The approach I would take for this is to keep the Items property of your gallery control as it is.

For the label in the gallery where you want to display the pallet price, I would set the text property to this.

Switch(DropdownPallets.Selected.Value, 
"1 Pallet", '1 Pallet',
"2 Pallet", '2 Pallet',
"3 Pallet", '3 Pallet',
"4 Pallet", '4 Pallet',
"5 Pallet", '5 Pallet'
)

When the user changes the value in the dropdown box, the label in the gallery should display the corresponding value.

image.png

View solution in original post

SilentUK

Thank you Timl, that resolves it perfectly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 147 members 5,509 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: