cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Duplicate text pulled from Sharepoint 'Person or Group' into a second text box?

Hi

I have been struggling for days. Perhaps someone can assist me please.
I don't think its a difficult challenge I rather believe I have just missed a simple basic or foundation causing me to not understand 😞

I have a sharepoint list for recording Meetings with clients. One of the columns is my 'Person or Group' column for which a member of my organisation should use to sign the Meeting entry into the App and into my sharepoint list.

I have used the 'create app from sharepoint list function' so it is pretty much your basic 3-screen app. very simple.
So, on the second(View) and third(Edit) screens is where I have my 'Person or Group' fields.

On the first screen is where I have my meetings all lined up according to date and client name.
I would like to duplicate or copy my 'Person or Group' field from either second or third screen to be displayed on the first screen.

Basically I would like to be able to scroll down the first screen through all my meetings and see WHO from my organisation was involved in the meetings I am viewing. Then I would like to open that meeting and see the further details etc. knowing which of my colleagues entered the meeting and its details.

If anybody could assist me in this I would greatly appreciate and be willing to assist you in the future if you have any queries too.

Many thanks
Lorcan Caddick

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Duplicate text pulled from Sharepoint 'Person or Group' into a second text box?

Hi Lorcan,

According to you description, I created a SharePoint list which has a People/Group column type.
Then created an app based on the list. On the Browser screen, I found that People/Group column was not shown be default.
So I added a Text box on the gallery, and set its Text property as ThisItem.People.DisplayName.
It works fine on my side. Please see the screenshot as below:

1.png

Hope this could be a reference for you. Please try if it works for you.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Duplicate text pulled from Sharepoint 'Person or Group' into a second text box?

Hi Mabel

Unfortunately this is not working. I agree with you, it will work if you create the App around the 'Person or Group' field however, my App is created around other fields ad the 'Person or Group' is just a small part.

If anybody reads this, All I am trying to accomplish is copying my 'Person or Group' field from INSIDE my second(view) or third(edit) pages onto the first(browsescreen). So it will have to be a formula of some kind allowing me to copy a 'Person or Group' field into a text or image type field.

I have tried making extra sharepoint columns to duplicate this info, I have tried making Flows with MSFlows.
If anybody has done this before please share.

It will be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Lorcan

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 350 members 6,001 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: