cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Karacsondit
Level: Powered On

ETAG mismatch

I have a customized sharepoint form in powerapps where the customer can change the status of the process. The status is stored in a list item column - with a button's OnSelect property:

(Refresh(mylistname);Patch(mylistname,First(Filter(mylistname,ID=DataCardValue36.Text)),{reqstatus:"level 2 completed", Title:"-"})

There are 3 status values of the process, each one has its own button. With these buttons the customer can change the status. (button1 changes the status from level 1 to level 2, button2 changes the level2 to level3)

I am getting an ETAG error message ("Conflicts exist with changes on the server, please reload. Server Response: ETAG mismatch") when I try to patch a record from powerapps multiple times. When I click the first status changer button it changes the status successfully, but after if I click the second status changer button I got this error message (The status changer button's function is to modify the same list item column just like the first button). The error occurs when I do these actions in one session.

The second status changer button's OnSelect property is the following: Refresh(mylistname);Patch(mylistname,First(Filter(mylistname,ID=DataCardValue36.Text)),{reqstatus:"level 3 completed", Title:"-"})

I tried to put the Refresh function into sharepointintegration onEdit control, it did not help.

When I am ignoring the error message and click the (2nd) status changer button again, it runs successfully.

In Microsoft Edge (42.17134.1.0)  the error message did not appear, but the behavior is the same as I experienced in Chrome (70.0.3538.67 (64-bit))

Any idea how this error message can be eliminated?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: ETAG mismatch

Hi @Karacsondit,

The error message told that there is a conflict error existed between the first status changer button and the second status changer button.

The user @karl has faced same issue with you, please check the response within the following thread:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Server-Response-ETAG-mismatch-Conflicts-exist...

As an alternative solution, please take a try to use UpdateIf function to update your SP list item within your second Status Changer Button instead of Patch function. Please modify your formula within the OnSelect property of the second Status Changer Button as below:

Refresh(mylistname);
UpdateIf(
mylistname,
ID=DataCardValue36.Text,
{
reqstatus:"level 3 completed",
Title:"-"
}
)

then check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Karacsondit
Level: Powered On

Kris, 

Thanks!  That worked well.

Tibor

PhilD
Level 8

Interesting @v-xida-msft, I'm having some similar issues with patching multiple lists and/or items in one go and am wondering if this may help. Some of my issues were related to having used SharePoint lookup columns and then trying to patch both tables at once (i.e. [Employees] and [Tasks] in the same run). This seemed to cause intermittent and hard to trace issues so I (painstakingly) removed all lookups from my apps and things have improved.

I still get this type of error though (I'm catching all my errors and writing them to a table) so I am going to try this and see what affect it has.

Is there a technical reason that we know of why UpdateIf avoids this while Patch has problems?

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,044)