cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShanP
Level: Powered On

Edit Form from gallery

I have a screen where the user inputs data. I want to show this data on a page and when the user clicks on specific data it will send them to another screen to view, edit or delete the data. Can anyone walk me through how to do this using gallery and edit forms? Where I am stuck is how to display the data when a user clicks on something specific.

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Edit Form from gallery

Hi ShanP,

You could consider to use Gallery control to display multiple records from a data source.

Then on the Gallery, you could add a Next arrow control and use Navigate function to navigate you to a specific data on a view screen. On view screen, please try to add a DisplayForm control to show the details of selected data.

Then you also need an edit screen. On the edit screen you will need to add an EditForm control. With an EditForm control, you could edit or delete the data.

I assume that this documentation about data forms could be your reference, please check the part “Build an app from scratch” for more details:
https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/working-with-forms/

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
ShanP
Level: Powered On

Thanks for the reply. I've gotten my data in the gallery and when I press a next arrow I'm taken to a new page to view the data. My next question is how can I store/save this data so that it is available every time the app is opened up?

nickduxfield
Level 8

If you are using a SharePoint List, its best to start from an automatically generated app so you can go over the basics.

I say this because gallery, displayform and edit forma re the 3 main components of most if not all apps.

If you cant do that, start from a micosoft template, then slowly make some adjustments until you get the concept. Otherwise what will happen is someone will be walking you through how to create apps from start until finish insead of answering questions at intervals within your app journey.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,938)