cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ACB3
Level: Powered On

Edit Form not displaying data

I have connected a Powerapps form to a Sharepoint List in order to take advantage of the custom form. My form will submit to the Sharepoint list fine. The problem is that when I try to edit that entry the data is not there. I don't want to have to fill out the entire form again every time I want to edit it. Is there a way to fix this without needing to add an edit button to the form?

I'd really appreciate some help 🙂

6 REPLIES 6
PowerApps Staff Mr-Dang-MSFT
PowerApps Staff

Re: Edit Form not displaying data

Hi @ACB3,

If you customized the form using the SharePoint integration object, in addition to the usual OnStart and OnVisible actions that happen when you open the app, the SharePoint integration object has triggers for OnEdit, OnNew, OnSave, etc.

The OnEdit action should be set to EditForm(Name_of_form) to put it in edit mode.

Screenshot (296).png

The form has an Item property that shows the selected record by default. When the form is in edit mode, it will populate that selected record and each of its fields. When the form is in new mode, it will ignore that record and keep everything blank.

Screenshot (297).png

Can you check that the form has an Item property and EditForm is executed?

ACB3

Hello @Mr-Dang-MSFT

Thanks for the reply. I did check these before I made the post and all those actions are setup the same way that you have them there using the Sharepoint integration object. I also did check the OnEdit action and it is also set to EditForm(SharePointForm1).

PowerApps Staff

Can you try revising the OnEdit action like this:

Refresh(YourSharePointList);
EditForm(SharePointForm1)

I am thinking that the refresh will help to make your form have the correctly selected record to edit.

ACB3

I just tested this and it is still not working

PowerApps Staff

Can you clarify your exact steps and provide screenshots on how the form is set up?

ACB3

When I try to edit an entry through SPO s.PNG

The form does not collect the entry's data, instead it gives me a blank form that I would have to fill out all over again instead of just editing

d.PNG

I have also added your feedback to my powerapps form to try and refresh it but the edit still comes up blank.a.PNG

Here are some extra photos so you can see the other functions

e.PNGq.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 371 members 5,901 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: