cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
modernoddity
Level: Powered On

Re: Edit only selected item in Gallery

@RandyHayes the EditMode column is in the collection, however when I tried the label test here is the result I got: 

1.png

Super User
Super User

@modernoddity 

yourGalleryName.Selected.EditMode

Not the name of your collection

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
modernoddity

@RandyHayes thank you! Multitasking... I read too quickly lol. 

Changed it to the gallery name and it remained "false" regardless of what I did. 

Super User
Super User

@modernoddity 

Okay, then something is wrong with the patch statement or before.  Since we verified that the Patch statement is correct, let's look before...

Where are you defining the collection for the ExpenseCollection? and, let's see that formula in it's entirety.  From the little snip you sent, it looked correct, but need to see it in its native habitat (i.e. the whole formula)

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Dawidvh
Level 10

Hi @modernoddity 

I have seen that sometimes patch isn't able to update the collection that we imported from a SharePoint list, so you can use UpdateIf to update the collection.

Super User
Super User

Thanks for the input @Dawidvh.  Yes, Patch does have an issue with collections from SharePoint, but only with columns that have empty values.  That's always something to consider when there are issues.

What @modernoddity is doing in this case should work, but (@modernoddity) need to see that collection formula.

modernoddity

@RandyHayes here is the complete code in the OnSelect property of the "Record Expense" button: 

Collect(ExpenseCollection, {ReportDate: Date_ReportDate.SelectedDate, Date: ExpenseDate.SelectedDate,User: L_CurrentUser.Text, Region: DD_Region.SelectedText.Value, Amount:T_Amount.Text, Expense_Description: DD_ExpenseDesc.SelectedText.Value,PersonEntertained:T_PersonEnt.Text,CompanyEntertained:T_CompanyEnt.Text, PlaceEntertained:T_PlaceEnt.Text, JobCostCode: DD_JobCostCode.SelectedText.Value, ChargeToState: DD_ChargeState.SelectedText.Value, Distributor: DD_Distributor.SelectedText.Value, CustomerCode: DD_CustomerCode.SelectedText.Value,ContractNumber: DD_ContractNo.SelectedText.Value,Notes: T_Notes.Text, EditMode: false});Reset(ExpenseDate);Reset(T_Amount);Reset(DD_ExpenseDesc);Reset(DD_ChargeState);Reset(DD_Distributor);Reset(T_Notes);Reset(T_PersonEnt);Reset(T_CompanyEnt);Reset(T_PlaceEnt); UpdateContext({Needtosave:false})
modernoddity

@RandyHayes So..... inexplicably.... today I logged in and started working on it again and it's working. I didn't change anything since last night so I'm not sure why it's working today but it wasn't yesterday. But thank you so much for your help! 

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@modernoddity 

Ah yes...been there before!  Sometimes the designer gets confused and only an exit and go back in will clear it up.

Glad you got through it...on to the next!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,696)