cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
nebajpai
Level: Power Up

Editing Custom and Partner powerapps portal hangs and then errors out

I created multiple custom Portal and Partner portal did some POC's and then deleted the apps as I wanted to create final app in my environment. Now when I created Partner Portal and Custom Portal both of them got created and I am able to browse them, but when I try to edit them it gives me "Getting things ready" for a long time and then throws an error. I created multiple custom Portal and Partner portal did some POC's and then deleted the apps as I wanted to create final app in my environment. Now when I created Partner Portal and Custom Portal both of them got created and I am able to browse them, but when I try to edit them it gives me "Getting things ready" for a long time and then throws an error. 

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Editing Custom and Partner powerapps portal hangs and then errors out

Hi @nebajpai ,

Please check these points:

1)If you keep the portal settings pane open in PowerApps home page while resetting the portal from PowerApps Portals admin center, a user will see the "Something went wrong" error message in the portal settings pane, as portal is not available.

2)If you are reusing the URL of a recently deleted portal to create a new portal, it will have some delay for runtime to setup. This is because the purge of previous resources would still be in progress and may take from 30 minutes to 1 hour for the new portal to setup on Azure. The portal will also not be available for editing during this time and may show errors when launched in studio for editing.

3)An error message is displayed when the page content (page copy) exceeds its limit of 65536 characters and page summary exceed its default limit of 2000 characters.

Here's a doc about portal troubleshooting for your reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/portals/known-issues

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
nebajpai
Level: Power Up

Re: Editing Custom and Partner powerapps portal hangs and then errors out

1. We are not trying to edit while resetting the portal.

2. We updated the URL and changed it to be unique. It has been 1 week since then still editing not working.

3. No page was created as this was new portal provisioned so exceeding limit should not an issue.

Getting edit error on trying to edit everytime.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,191)