cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
MattyH
Level 8

Editing Option Set Response - Dynamics 365.

I have been asked to create an app to change the Bio-Security of working areas on a farm for a client. I have full ability to view the current Bio Security status for both a farm as a whole, and individual areas within each farm.

My clients would like to have the ability to amend the current status a the touch of a button. This choice is currently listed as an Option Set within Dynamics365, with options of RED, AMBER and GREEN status.

I read from previous forum posts that it was not possible to have an edit form that changes an option set, is this still the case, and if so, are there any plans afoot to change this lack of functionality in the future?

Matty H.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MattyH
Level 8

Re: Editing Option Set Response - Dynamics 365.

All sorted now, thanks to a bit of playing around.  The issue was caused by the Allowed Values field having to use the opposite of what I expected in terms of data source info.

For Farms it needed the below;

DataSourceInfo(Areas,DataSourceInfo.AllowedValues,"_chorus_biosecuritylevel_label")

For the areas in the farms it needed this;

DataSourceInfo(Farms,DataSourceInfo.AllowedValues,"_chorus_biosecuritylevel_label")

Totally the opposite of how I would have expected it to work.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @MattyH,

Do you want to create/update record with a selection from Option set in Dynamics 365?

I assume that it is possible now to submit options from PowerApps to Dynamics 365 entities.

I have made the following test for your reference.

First, create an Option-set in Dynamics 365, here I am using the entity Accounts.

Then start an app from data with Microsoft Dynamics 365 Account entity, in the EditScreen1, show the field OptionSet on the edit form.

Run the app and try to create a new record with a selection from the option set, you will find that the record saved to the entity successfully.

1.PNG

Please take a try with it on your side.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
MattyH
Level 8

Hi @v-yamao-msft,

Thanks for your help, but not exactly what I am looking to do.

I don't need to create a new record, or apply a new option to an existing record.

I am looking to change the existing option set choice of an existing record, and I don't seem to be able to.

See attachments.

MattyH
Level 8

Also, in play mode, the fields are not visible.

MattyH
Level 8

All sorted now, thanks to a bit of playing around.  The issue was caused by the Allowed Values field having to use the opposite of what I expected in terms of data source info.

For Farms it needed the below;

DataSourceInfo(Areas,DataSourceInfo.AllowedValues,"_chorus_biosecuritylevel_label")

For the areas in the farms it needed this;

DataSourceInfo(Farms,DataSourceInfo.AllowedValues,"_chorus_biosecuritylevel_label")

Totally the opposite of how I would have expected it to work.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 448 members 5,533 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: