cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
HRMarks
Level: Powered On

Editing an Email beofre sending

I have made the data connection just fine but I only know how to get an email sent.   What I'm really looking to do is to click on a button, have the Outlook email window open, have it populated with the recipient's address, and allow the user to edit it before they send.   Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mdevaney
Level 8

Re: Editing an Email before sending

@HRMarks 

My thought was to set your default mail client to the Outlook Online client but a quick Google search tells me that's not possible without either 3rd party software or registry hacking (which I would not recommend unless you absolutely know what you are doing).  I suspect you are out of luck.  Sorry.

If you want to send e-mail via PowerApps, I think your best bet is to a build a Flow and connect it to the app.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
mdevaney
Level 8

Re: Editing an Email beofre sending

@HRMarks 

Watch this Youtube video by Audrie Gordon @ MSFT starting at timestamp 6:45.  It'll show you how to do this better than I can put into words.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7ZGM1WblbA

---

Please click "Accept as Solution" if my response helped to solve your issue so that others may find it more quickly.  If your thought the post was helpful please give it a "Thumbs Up."

HRMarks

Thanks very much.   This is great and very useful, however, it launches your defualt email application, which in my case, is the one I use for my personal stuff.   I wonder if you can specify using Outlook for Office 365 every time this gets launched.

mdevaney
Level 8

@HRMarks 

My thought was to set your default mail client to the Outlook Online client but a quick Google search tells me that's not possible without either 3rd party software or registry hacking (which I would not recommend unless you absolutely know what you are doing).  I suspect you are out of luck.  Sorry.

If you want to send e-mail via PowerApps, I think your best bet is to a build a Flow and connect it to the app.

View solution in original post

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Editing an Email beofre sending

Hi @HRMarks ,

So far opening an Outlook email window within PowerApps is not avaiable. You can only modify and send the email using controls inside PowerApps to achieve this. 

If you want this feature to be released later, you could try to add an idea in below forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
HRMarks

@mdevaney 

Ah yes, I never thought of building a Flow.   That will work.

Thanks very much.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 267 members 6,655 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: