cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davidstone
Level 8

Editing edit forms is broken - a bug?

This is a tricky one to describe, but I'm pretty confident it's not something I'm doing wrong, it's something that's broken in PowerApps.

I have an edit form connected to a SharePoint List. On that form is a dropdown, the items property of which is set to the display the Choices defined in the list settings.

At first that worked - you pull the dropdown, the items show. In future edits to other parts of the app, the app was published and the dropdowns stop working.

Here's what's weird. If I go to the Items property of the dropdown and make a change - literally by deleting and then re-typing one character, it magically starts working again. I publish the app, it still works, all good.

But next time I publish it breaks again, and I can still fix it by literally re-typing the entry in Items.

I have a totally different app with an edit form pointed at a different list and site. When I select an item from a browse gallery I pass the ID of that row into a variable, and the Edit form Item property has a formula to do a LookUp for the item with that ID. Again, it works fine... until I make a change and publish the app. If I want to get it working, I can make a change to the Item property - again, that change being literally re-typing what was already there, and it's good to go again.

Obviously I can't keep re-typing all my formulae each time I want to publish!

Is something broken here? Both apps are in the same tenant, I haven't tried it in my other tenant yet. This has been going on for about 3 weeks.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Microsoft Paul_C
Microsoft

Re: Editing edit forms is broken - a bug?

Hi davidstone,

I'm sorry to hear this! From your description it sounds like some sort of bug to me, as well.

Would you mine grabbing us a session id where you publish the app (a publish that breaks app) so we can better investigate this issue?

You can find instructions for grabbing a session id here.

- Paul C.
Software Engineer on PowerApps

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,878)