cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
uahmed786
Level: Power Up

Embed Canvass APP in Dynamics 365

Hi,

I have created canvas app on CASE entity in D365 and I am trying to show customer name. I have insert card with cases.customerid_value and it is showing error. Can anybody please point me to right direction? 

Annotation 2019-08-27 112018.png

5 REPLIES 5
uahmed786

Re: Embed Canvass APP in Dynamics 365

@powerapps  any reply please?

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @uahmed786 ,

Do you want to display Customer name within your ComboBox?

Based on the formula you provided, I think there is something misunderstanding with the Customer filed in Case Entity. Actually, the Customer field is System field in Case Entity, which would be populated automatically by CDS System when you create a new record in your Case Entity. Currently, we could not specify the value for the Customer field manually when you create a new record.

In addition, the Customer field is also a Polymorphic LookUp field in CDS Entity, which could reference records from Accounts Entity or Contacts Entity. Please check the following article for more details:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/working-with-references#show-the-fields...

Currently, I afraid that there is no way to specify the Customer filed value within the Edit form connects to a CDS Entity. If you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Pranav_Shroti
Level: Powered On

Hi,

You can create a different datasource and pull Customers in it. Bind it to comboBox.

When you bind your data grid filter based on customer Id and set that value in combobox. Its certain that you will always find one record. 

Perhaps not the most elegent solution, however will work.

Hope this helps,

Pranav

uahmed786

Thanks for reply,

I just wanted to show customer which was associated with case entity. It is polymorphic type. I manged to show like this way 

AsType([@ModelDrivenFormIntegration].Item.Customer, [@Contacts] ).'Full Name'

Annotation 2019-08-28 170804.png

My other isssue is: My case entity is linked with Connections entity, "Connect From"  field would always be case id and connected to would be other entity. I created new datasource of connections and applied this filter.

Filter(Connections_1, 'Connected From' = [@ModelDrivenFormIntegration].Item.Case)

It is showing me GUID of records Case is connected to. This be could account/contact/otherentites etc. I want to see the name of the record not GUID what should I do?

Annotation 2019-08-28 170804.png

Forexample To get Account name of the recordid shown in dropdown, I have created another dropdown with datasource of accounts and applied filter for select value of ID. 

Annotation 2019-08-28 173100.png

Output is like this:

Annotation 2019-08-28 173643.png

How to show account names instead of IDs? 

@Pranav_Shroti  @v-xida-msft @powerapp  @msdynamics365  @Dynamics365Lady 

PavanKumar
Level 8

Hi,

In the organization combobox, In the "display fields", "Search fields" properties set it to "accountname" to display the account name.

If this answers your question give thumbsup and mark it as verified.

Regards,

Pavan Kumar Garlapati

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 84 members 5,426 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: