cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mer88399
Level: Powered On

Embed Excel Online

I have a very complicated excel sheet with a ready built dashboard.

I tried embedding the buttons/outputs to Power Bi, then into Power Apps but realised that:

1. It is extremely ugly

2. The Power BI tile is no longer functional within Power Apps (drop down menus etc.)

Is there any way of embedding editable excel online html code into Power Apps?

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Embed Excel Online

Hi @Mer88399,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Could you please show more details about the Excel online HTML code that you mentioned?

Do you mean that there is already a dashboard built within your Excel sheet?

If you want to display a HTML code within an app, I think the HTML text control could achieve your needs. More details about HTML text control, please check the following article:

HTML text control

Note: Please replace all the double quotes (") within your HTML Code with single quote (').

In addition, you could also consider take a try to create a report based on your Excel sheet data using Power BI, then pin the report to a new dashboard as a Tile. After that, you could embed your report within your app through the Power BI tile control.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Mer88399
Level: Powered On

Re: Embed Excel Online

Good afternoon Kris,

Thank you for your reply.

We are creating a macroeconomic model for our clients, of which the source data needs to be extremely confidential.

Currently we have the behemoth of an excel sheet, which has a dashboard displaying output, which we print in pdf. and send off to the client.

I am tasked with creating an app/web service which enables the client to control the dashboard, using drop downs to alter their data (based on location factors etc.)

I have tried using the html text editor to embed only the parts of the excel sheet that I require (utilising Excel Online), however this does have a few draw backs (I haven't managed to get it to work within Power Apps, and externally there is a large black 'iframe' bar, which ruins the look/feel of the app.)

Any suggestions? Replicating the model within Power Bi would be extremely labour intensive, as we currently have a few hundred models.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,512)