cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Embedding PowerApps within SharePoint

Hi, I'm looking for some advise on embedding PowerApps inside SharePoint. (using office 365 cloud)

I'm currently attempting to publish the web url version of the PowerApps into SharePoint using the the web viewer (iFrame). The loading screen seems to work fine but then everything crashes and I get the following message.

"This app stopped working. Try refreshing your browser." (Refreshing doesnt fix anything)

It's frustrating as i've seen a ton of people say that 'You can now embed them straight into SharePoint' but cant find any documentation or examples of it actually working. 

I'm wanting to try PowerApps out as an alternate to InfoPath for some basic user input forms.

Thanks in advance.

21 REPLIES 21
PowerApps Staff rgruian
PowerApps Staff

Re: Embedding PowerApps within SharePoint

Embedding apps (produced by PowerApps) within SharePoint is not currently supported. We are hoping to provide this support in a future release.

Radu Gruian [MSFT] ** PowerApps Staff
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi thanks for the reply. 

I did manage to get it working via a standard iFrame but obvisually, this isn't true intergrataion. When do you expect the next release to be?

Thanks

PowerApps Staff Chris
PowerApps Staff

Thanks for your interest, however, we have not yet determined the release of this feature.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Chris,

I have been waiting  this release,

is there any improvemenet ?

Thank You,

PowerApps Staff Chris
PowerApps Staff

Sorry for the delay.  This is not available yet but is in the plan.  Sorry I cannot give any ETA.

Highlighted
IngeborgNZ
Level: Powered On

How soon is "soon"?

PowerApps will be fully integrated into the SharePoint web experience. PowerApps provides a great mobile experience, and now that experience is connected to the data stored in SharePoint lists. Soon you’ll be able to integrate PowerApps as the default in-browser experience for any SharePoint modern list.

source: https://blogs.office.com/2016/10/31/sharepoint-welcomes-powerapps-and-microsoft-flow/

Bri
Level 8

Any Updates on this feature?!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all,  I would like to revie this issue rather then create a new post sins there are some new attention to this feature -> new post on the PowerApp Blog:
https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/embed-powerapps-on-sharepoint-pages/

Here is my issue and Question:
Is this supposed to work with a Script editor on a custom page layout for publishing pages, meaning any page layout other then the new fancy one? It seems like it does work for Edge and Chrome. However in IE 11 it gets a syntax error in:
SCRIPT5022: SyntaxError
WebPlayer.IframeProxy.js (19,21)

I asked on the blog istelf but thought i might be better to bring it up here as i doubt that i am alone in this. This seems like a bug in IE or the WebPlayer.IframeProxy.js?

PowerApps Staff sarafankit
PowerApps Staff

This is now a supported, please see https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/embed-powerapps-on-sharepoint-pages/

@Anonymous- Thanks for reporting the issue, I was able to repro it and have filed a bug in our system. The issue seems to be happening due to timing issues in IE when the iframe code is being used in the classic SPO. Right now, I cannot suggest any workaround for the issue in IE.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,921)