Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Enable seach on BrowseScreen

Hi

I have this quesry that pulls data into my BrowseScreen and displays fine. Now i want to enable the search bar at the top of the browse screen so i can search the data. How would one do that?

GroupBy(Filter('Support log',spgSupportStage="IP" || spgSupportStage="Drafting an IP (notify EPO)" || spgSupportStage="Preliminary Advice re: significant concerns (notify EPO)"),"spgSupportStage","SchoolGrouping")

11 REPLIES 11
DanielaH
Level 8

Re: Enable seach on BrowseScreen

Hello again 🙂

With search boxes, instead of writing any code related to the search field, you essentially filter/search the resulting table depending on the search field entry. There are different ways of doing this:

Search(
GroupBy(Filter('Support log',spgSupportStage="IP" || spgSupportStage="Drafting an IP (notify EPO)" || spgSupportStage="Preliminary Advice re: significant concerns (notify EPO)"),"spgSupportStage","SchoolGrouping") , 
Searchboxname.Text, 
"Result" // insert name of column you want to search //)

or:

Filter(
GroupBy(Filter('Support log',spgSupportStage="IP" || spgSupportStage="Drafting an IP (notify EPO)" || spgSupportStage="Preliminary Advice re: significant concerns (notify EPO)"),"spgSupportStage","SchoolGrouping") , 
Searchboxname.Text  in Result)

Result referring to the column you want to filter/search.. let me know if that works.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for this. What if i have a nested gallery inside. So I am grouping and inside each group I have a nested gallery that displays 3 labels from the group query. Not sure if that makes sense, Like attached

Is it possible to search by the name and school name and maybe more than one column? Like be able to search all of it

DanielaH
Level 8

Hi JoelHj

You should be able to add multiple columns to the search, not sure if it also works when they belong to nested groups but you can give it a try:

Filter(
Searchboxname.Text  in Column1 || Column2 || Column3 ...etc...)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

thank you it worked but didn't with nested ones. Hmm do we need to rewrite the whole query then>?

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Anonymous,

If you want to search by more than one column using the search bar, please take a try with the following formula:

Filter(
GroupBy(Filter('Support log',spgSupportStage="IP" || spgSupportStage="Drafting an IP (notify EPO)" || spgSupportStage="Preliminary Advice re: significant concerns (notify EPO)"),"spgSupportStage","SchoolGrouping"),
TextSearchBox1.Text in spgSupportStage ||
TextSearchBox1.Text in SchoolGrouping.Column1 ||
TextSearchBox1.Text in SchoolGrouping.Column2 ||
TextSearchBox1.Text in SchoolGrouping.Column3 ||
)

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

It almost works i get no errors but no results. However i can search and I get results for the first column which is not nested. I have used a couple of different coumns which i use to display the data in the browsegallery and when i do a search it clears the data but doesn't display anything

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Anonymous,

Could you please share a screenshot about your issue?

In addition, please take a try with the following workaround:

Set the Items property of the Gallery11 (Parent Gallery) to following formula:

Filter(
GroupBy(Filter('Support log',spgSupportStage="IP" || spgSupportStage="Drafting an IP (notify EPO)" || spgSupportStage="Preliminary Advice re: significant concerns (notify EPO)"),"spgSupportStage","SchoolGrouping"),
TextSearchBox1.Text in spgSupportStage
)

Set the Items property of the Gallery12 (Nested Gallery) to following formula:

Filter(
     ThisItem.SchoolGrouping
     TextSearchBox1.Text in Column1 ||
TextSearchBox1.Text in Column2 ||
TextSearchBox1.Text in Column3 ||
)

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK so tried what you said and moved the second filter to the second BrowserGallery. It seems when I type up the Filter it doesn't find (resolve) the search box name at all. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

And last attachment rtrying to add filter to second gallery

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 95 members 1,832 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: