cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SR1
Level: Powered On

Encrypted Password Validation

Hi,

I am trying to create an app. I have a login screen with UserId & Password.
I need to check whether the userid & password provided by the user is already present in my SQL Server DB(Data source) or not.
The passwords in SQL Database are in encrpyted form. Can powerapps read encrypted columns from SQL Server?

5 REPLIES 5
SR1

Encrypted Password Validation

Hi,

I am trying to create an app. I have a login screen with UserId & Password.
I need to check whether the userid & password provided by the user is already present in my SQL Server DB(Data source) or not.
The passwords in SQL Database are in encrpyted form. Can powerapps read encrypted columns from SQL Server?

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Encrypted Password Validation

Hi @SR1,

If here the User Password is stored within one SQL Table, and the password is encrypted, there is no way for PowerApps to read that Password, unless the Password is deciphered before load in PowerApps.

Besides, if here you mean to use the SQL Server Authentication in PowerApps, then please check the following article for more details:

Connect to SQL Server from PowerApps

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
SR1

Thanks @v-micsh-msft
I am wondering how to compare plain password(entered in powerapps) with encrypted passwords available in my SQL server table.

Is it possible to pass the user input(password) from powerapps to an azure function(c#) and within this function do a
comparison with SQL table column value(column has encrypted passwords) and return back true or false result to powerapps?

Meneghino
Level 10

Yes, it seems possible.

masi2602

Hi

We're fighting exactly the same problem. We have a simple login screen with username &password and the data is retrieved from a SQL database. At the moment the password is stored as plain text in the DB, but the way we want it is encrypted. I know that it is possible to encrypt the password in the DB, but then it can no longer be read by Powerapps.

Would you be kind enough to explain how you solved this problem?

Kr,

Marcel

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,072)