Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
TonyHart
Level 8

Entities Creating Duplicate Record Upon Creation

Hello,

I have a few of my entities creating two records with all of the same information (save the PrimaryId) each time I create (and intend to only create) one. I suspect this is something on the server side, as I have created a default application based on a CDS Entity that is getting duplicated without any modifications to the default app, and that still results in two records being created. I have also tested this theory on multiple devices, and all have the same result - no matter which application or device I create a new record on.

I need this fixed asap please.

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Entities Creating Duplicate Record Upon Creation

Hi @TonyHart,

Could you please share more information about the entity (how many fields, and the configuration) you used here?

I tested with a custom entity, and it only generate one record each time when I try to add a new record within the App auto-generated. Under PowerApps version 2.0.650.

16.PNG

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
TonyHart
Level 8

Sure.

I have an custom entity named "Church" that has 22 fields in total (including the fields upon creation of a custom entity). I created a mobile auto-generated app from the CDS based off of Church. I tried creating a record, but two are made at once. I didn't do anything between creating an auto-generated app and then input data. You can see my steps below, and the data shown to reveal that they are created at the same time.

Church - New.JPGCreating new ChurchChurch - List - 1.JPGChurch List before creationChurch - List - 2.JPGChurch List after creationData01.JPGChurch Data - Primary IdData02.JPGChurch Data - Date/Time Created

I have created data within this entity before and never had an issue until recently. 

The reason I attempted this is because I had another CDS entity create a duplicate upon each creation of a record, so I tested out a simple entity that I've used before to see if it was something I did incorrectly or something on the server side. Seeing that this error is reproduced in another entity, I assumed it's not something I am doing, although I could be wrong.

Note: This was created with PowerApps Version 2.0.650

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @TonyHart,

Appreciate your updates.

Before my forwarding, could you please perform the reproduce steps again?

After issue has been reproduced, keep PowerApps studio open, then navigate to File->Account->Session Details, copy and paste the Session ID here, which would be helpful for further investigation.

It seems the issue is related to the Common Data Service database side.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
TonyHart
Level 8

Here is the Session ID for my duplicating Church entity: 5a0b6b16-5428-f2d8-018e-bca9445032e6

I also have at least one other entity that is having the same issue. I haven't been able to fully check any others... do you want me to send you the correlating session IDs for those as well, or can you fix all of them with the above information?

Thank you

TonyHart
Level 8

@v-micsh-msft

Hello Michael,

Are there any updates on my CDS causing duplicate records?

Paulon
Level: Power Up

I'm seeing the same behaviour.

I run a flow that reads 5 entities and is supposed to create 5 Account Entities within CDS, but it creates 10 with each one duplicated.

If other users use my flow with the same input file they only get the expected 5.

Any ideas?

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 127 members 5,104 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: