cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
srg
Level: Powered On

Error - An entry is required or has an invalid

All off a sudden I get an error when editing a shareopoint list item that has  a custom powerapp sharepoint edit form, with no changes made to the app in a month. Also the error doesn't identify which field or column is causing the issue. Any help or suggestions on how to troubleshooting this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Error - An entry is required or has an invalid

@srg 

So the Update properties of the columns you know are required are all good?  If so, then I would next take a look at the SharePointIntegration.OnSave property and see what that formula looks like.  

This will be found on the left control tree.  You can click on the SharePointIntegration and then in the formula bar, drop down the list on the left and choose the OnSave property.  See if there are issues there or post back what you are seeing.
EDIT: It should be a SubmitForm(yourForm).  Make sure the yourForm is the name of the form that is your edit form.

Finally, I would select the EditForm in the left control tree and then delete it.  Then immediately do an undo (ctrl-z) to bring it back.  Many times, if the form has gotten "confused", doing this will "Reset" it back to "normal".

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@srg 

Can you please share more details about the error that you are getting? Can ou please share a screenshot? That way we might better identify the issue and assist you with this. 
srg

The error started to pop up with no changes made to the sharepoint custom forms, it does pop up only in the edit form and not in the new form. I didn't make any changes to the list item, just opened it to edit and hit save and I get the error. Attached is the error screenshot.

I have republished the app with no luck couple of times. I have also checked if the any of the fields were made required by mistake, but none are except for what I already know and have been filling them

Thank you !!

Super User
Super User

@srg 

Take a look at the Update properties on the EditForm for the known required columns.  I'd be curious to see if there are any errors in them or if they are somehow not providing the information needed to satisfy the "required" requirements.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
srg

Hello Randy,

How can I get to update properties, is it in the advanced tab of the column properties?

Super User
Super User

@srg 

EditForms are containers of DataCards.  Your Edit form will have as many datacards as you have fields assigned.

Each DataCard has (depending on the underlying field/column type) an Update property, a Default property, and a DataField property.

The curiosity is on the Update property for those datacards...

So, click on a datacard in your control tree (left side) and then click on the Advanced properties on the right.  Under the Data section (and you might need to click on "More options" to see it), you will find the Update and other properties mentioned.

srg

Thank you Randy, I was able to locate the update property, it mentions the corresponding DataCardValue and I didn't notice anything wrong there.

Super User
Super User

@srg 

So the Update properties of the columns you know are required are all good?  If so, then I would next take a look at the SharePointIntegration.OnSave property and see what that formula looks like.  

This will be found on the left control tree.  You can click on the SharePointIntegration and then in the formula bar, drop down the list on the left and choose the OnSave property.  See if there are issues there or post back what you are seeing.
EDIT: It should be a SubmitForm(yourForm).  Make sure the yourForm is the name of the form that is your edit form.

Finally, I would select the EditForm in the left control tree and then delete it.  Then immediately do an undo (ctrl-z) to bring it back.  Many times, if the form has gotten "confused", doing this will "Reset" it back to "normal".

View solution in original post

srg

Thank you Randy, the OnSave was not configured properly(not sure how it was working earlier, may be we didn't test it properly). You are a savior !!

Thank you Yash for looking into this !!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,924)